What have you played in the weekend?

OK now that looks pretty cool, might have to catch that one.

You haven’t changed a bit :-)

I continue to poke fools with sharp objects in AC: Odyssey. I should probably play something else for a bit.

playing Final Fantasy VI (III) on PS3 after I played it years ago on GBA and liked it, but I lost the cartridge. Nothing better than a classic JRPG with random fights every few seconds, wasting time on my couch… If I am strong enough, going back to Bloodborne.

Finished the GDI campaign in Command & Conquer Remastered last night and started the Nod campaign this morning. Covert Ops will be up next.

Arg, I don’t know!

I wrapped up Just Cause 4 and SUPERHOT, and the weekend is only 1/2 over at best! JC4 reminded me that if you use the same mission design over and over again, it indeed does make for a pretty lackluster game. I’m happy to not see another set of 4 breakers I need to flip to turn the power off so some NPC can do something interesting while I sit there with my bullet-sponge almost unkillable self against my bullet-sponge enemies.

SUPERHOT on the other hand was amazing! Holy cow if there’s a sequel there then I’m in, as the design was really great, with the constant feeling that you were a super-hero in an action movie (or perhaps a villian?) The “story” as it were was really creepy - perhaps a horror movie. I can’t recommend this enough, and it’s the rare game where I think it was too short. There’s a VR version of this out there, I bet it would be incredible.

Time to dig into the backlog and find something else! [XCOM2, Yakuza 0, FrostPunk?]

Just played the VR version of SUPERHOT this week and confirm: it is incredible.

I am playing Baldurs Gate EE. I have played the original BG games many many times. This is a nice version, as I don’t have to change discs every time I change areas. There are some updated graphics and new NPCs, although I have not used one. Some new cut scenes as well.

I got Battle Chasers: Nightwar this morning and have fooled around with it enough to know I’ll very much enjoy this one. It’s so pretty!

I also just got Age of Wonders: Planetfall. I’ve got a DasTactic tips video streaming in the background now and I’m getting that tingly feeling I used to get on the car ride home when I’m at the red light and look over and see that Software, Etc. bag in the front seat.

Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition, which is lovely. (I never played it on the Wii, although I did play Xenoblade Chronicles X, which I loved, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2, which I was mixed on)

Also, Shadow Empire!

In addition to the games I listed above for this weekend (Horizon Chase Turbo & AoW Planetfall) I ended up playing about ten hours of the new Soldak early access alpha build of Drox Operative 2.

I haven’t played Drox 1 since probably last year, and before that maybe not for five years. Admittedly, I’m probably not as knowledgable about the first game as some genuine die-hards, but I’ve got to say, except for a faster ship speed from the start (without requiring oodles of upgrades first), and some visual upgrades for the ships, Drox 2 appears to be a carbon copy of the first game. It feels like the exact same game released seven years ago, and I’m not sure that enough has changed to warrant the 2 appended to the name. But I’m sure I’m overlooking something big, and if I had played Drox 1 more recently I could probably tell you what that big difference is.

Anyway, I’m going on a bit of a tangent here that would probably be best blabbed about in the actual thread for the game. Suffice to say, I spent a lot of time playing Drox 2. It took the place of Codewords: Duets because my wife and I couldn’t sync up at the same time to sit down and play that game, but we’ve got a date for penciled in to sit down and try it out on Friday.

Same here… what I played the most was Drox 2, along with Soul Calibur VI. Just plain fun without having to plan/think too much.

Very similar to my weekend, but I switched to other fighters since there’s not going to be any offline for fighting games for a long time, and SCVI’s netcode is horrendous.

I don’t usually play online, and Soul Calibur VI is most likely the current gen fighting game with the most single player content. It helps that it’s awesome, too. ;)

Mortal Kombat 11 has quite a lot of single player content. Story mode, copious training, various towers, and the 3rd person puzzle-solving chest-opening mode where you don’t do any fighting lol…

Yeah, but the gratuitous hyper-violence in recent MK games turns me off, so I’m not playing MK11, which doubled down on that aspect even more. I did enjoy the single player content in Injustice 2 a lot, though.

mk
Holy crap, I see what you mean.

No, you clearly don’t. But we both know that.

Now I’m confused.

Just in case you’re not trolling: fatality.