What have you played in the weekend?

Well, having figured out yesterday that I’ve definitely caught something (don’t know if it’s THE something) I don’t know how much energy I’ve got. Played a bit of Bloody Rally Show yesterday but might delve into one of the ACs, or finally fire up Prey, or go back to the comfort food of Orcs Must Die 1 or 2.

I’ve been playing some Hades (Can’t win that final battle), Tametsi (2 out of the first 30 have me stumped) and Transport Fever 2 (like it so far but some of the side goals in the campaign are ridiculous - clear terrain, dig holes). These are all worth playing.

Hell Let Loose had a free weekend so I gave it a try. It’s very involved and seems interesting but I couldn’t quite get my head around it. My brother, who I usually play multiplayer stuff with, did not have a good time at all. I guess we won’t be playing it anymore. It looked damn nice and, for the few moments that it clicked, was pretty satisfying. Just not enough for a purchase.

Numbers 20 and 26

Well, despite my earlier post, I just played a few maps of the Creeper World 3 Arc Eternal campaign, go figure.

Tennis with my daughter.

And a wee bit of Elemental Fallen Enchantress Heroes, etc.

A bunch of Automation (the car company tycoon game) and BeamNG.drive, because you can export cars from the former to the latter for testing, and it seems to work pretty well. It’s been great fun watching my cars evolve, and seeing what effect on the driving experience various tweaks and technological developments have.

In the real world, while my wife was running the first session of an online D&D game this afternoon, I played some Western Pennsylvania Driving Range, and made some improvements to my golf swing that will hopefully translate to playing better actual golf. (It would, admittedly, be the first time.)

I was happy that I could continue on to others and circle back to them. I never got stuck like that on any of the Hexcells games.

My weekend started today and all I’ve played is Dawn of Man. I love planning the layout to my little camp and seeing it grow into a bustling village. I just lost my first villager in my new game. Her name was Amona and she died of old age. It was late Autumn and she was crafting an animal hide outfit in preparation for the oncoming cold weather. I’m glad she passed peacefully.

I also plan to put in a bit more time with Rocksmith. Every time I load it up I think I’m going to play the lessons to learn all the symbols so that I can really take advantage of this tool. Instead, I scroll through the song list to load up various guitar tones so that I can play around on my guitar, which was really the reason why I bought this game.

And then there’s Remnant: From the Ashes pointing at me and laughing at how bad I am at it. I avert my eyes with seething shame.

I have been playing the closed beta of Spiritfarer! And I can’t say anything about it. But I CAN say that I played the demo when it came out awhile back and what the demo demonstrates is the game’s absolutely impeccable hand-animated art, incredible visual effects and sound, and variety of crafting, farming, building, and platforming gameplay that rarely pressures you, but lets you go at your own pace through everything.

Enter boss zone, make a trial run at it, lose. Then go back to base and upgrade everything to the next tier. The boss will still be locked at the previous one. ONLY upgrade at these times. It makes things much more manageable. Not easy, but doable.

Looking forward to playing enough TransOcean 2 to afford a ship with side thrusters. Trying to back up a HandyMax sucks.

I’m also working on a California map for Transport Fever 2:

At the rate I’m going, I probably won’t be finished until my second playthrough, but that’s alright. Like Cities Skylines, Transport Fever 2 has a special place in my library as a dynamic diorama. Unlike, say, the Anno series, it’s less about beating the game systems and more about figuring out what I can create with them.

What happens when you click the ‘Excuse Me’ button there? :P

Is that the Salton Sea to the right? Very nice.

For me it’s been Death Stranding all the gaming time I have, and that should continue to be the case at least until I finish it. I’m fascinated by the game.

I haven’t been playing much lately. That will likely continue. I’m watching a bunch of TV though, catching up on that.

What I’ll probably do is spend more time on Google Maps, fantasizing about where I’ll fly when Microsoft Flight Simulator comes out next month.

I finally seem to have found a bit of a groove (and a viable mod load) in Fallout 4, so I’ll hopefully have some time for that.

My co-op group is still playing through Remnant. I think all of us are quietly waiitng for it to get so hard we ragequit, but I’m pleased to say we aren’t there yet at least.

And maybe a little Railway Empire if I’m in a more laid back mood.

Played some SWTOR last night. I have some higher (but not super high) level chars from years ago, but when I tried them the questlines made no sense to me. So I bit the bullet and created a new char (Jedi Sentinel) and was able to bust thru and get his saber in only a few hours. So much quicker than I remember. Of course I only did a few sidequests so that helped I’m sure.

But, damn, the prices in the auction house are muuuuuch higher than I remember. Not that I need much from it, but wow.

The new-old thread title is still confusing me.

I’m going to play Death Stranding or/and Control. Maybe Anno 1800 to get some rest from all the doom and gloom.

I still don’t understand how “the weekend” even factors into this - why isn’t it just “what are you playing?” or “what have you played lately?”

All truly excellent choices in my book. ;)