What have you played in the weekend?

Not playing shit, fucking computer decided to go tits up. Replacement parts are ordered and due Monday.

Crap, sorry man. What went out?

Did this thread get another title change while I wasn’t looking?

Yes it did.

It needs a more impressive feeling title. Example:

What hast thou played over thine resting days?

Playing Yakuza 0 some more if I can get past the vomit inducing camera in indoor areas and Persona 4 being released on PC made me want to ger back to my Vita saved game from last year (I never did finish this on PS2).

Title for this thread should be a concise: What?

CPU and or main board. The old girl served for ten years. Hard time. It was an i5 3650 when I first build the box, replaced the CPU with a beastly i7 4⁷90k five years ago. Started throwing bluescreens under load.

So it’s new computer time! New everything but the case and GPU, to be delivered on Monday. Going with an i5 9600kf.

Thread title suggestion: weekend gaming, what, why, where and when? With whom?

After the last change, no-one used it, which I found curious and was afraid people could no longer find it. So, I changed it back, and within a few hours, people were using it again.

I guess people like consistency? Or to be able to find things ;-)

I’m playing through Paper Mario Origami King. Getting the game forced me to use my Switch again, which has laid dormant for the last few months. I also have Catherine Full Body sitting there.

I want to get back to Ghost Recon Breakpoint. I also need to check if my character is still inaccessible in WH40K: Inquisitor Martyr. And I recently picked up Deep Rock Galactic on Steam…

I played 2 turns of Planetfall, one in each of my pbem games, plus a run of Monster Train.

Does reading this forum count as a game? :)

Only if you succeed in farming 5 or more Likes.

Except you didn’t fully restore it, because before it was about what are you going to play. Now it’s what did you play. :)

Dammit! Now I am afraid to do anything!

Lost Cities (Board Game)

Pulled this down off a shelf it’s been sitting on since Jan 2010. My wife and I figured out how to play again and completed a handful of games. We will be doing this again sometime today.

20200719_034744
AssCreed: Origins (Xbox One)

I’ve been trying to get into this game, but the longer I play it the more I find myself wanting to play Shadows of War/Mordor instead. But since I’ve already completed each of those games more than once, I’ll stick with this one and keep waiting for it to click. I just got out of the tutorial city, and have a new place to explore, so I’m expecting its hooks to sink in from here.

My gaming habits right now are
Soul Calibur 6 and
One Step from Eden

Been playing some Remnant: From the Ashes with friends. It’s the only Souls-like I’ve played that I’ve really enjoyed, though that’s largely in spite of the difficulty rather than because of it. Good gunplay, good movement, good level construction (despite being procedural), great atmosphere…

…and even I have to admit the bosses are impressive.

In single player I’ve been dabbling with Railway Empire, which is the best train game I’ve played since the old Railroad Tycoon games. I’m pleased to discover I still enjoy the genre.

And I’m finally getting around to poking at Fallout 4. Survival mode looks like it might be worth playing without extensive modding, though I’m sure I’ll find I’m wrong about that in due course. Still, it’s amazing it took me this long, I’ve historically really enjoyed Bethesda’s stuff even though it’s prone to frustrating the hell out of me (incrementally moreso with each release, in fact). Still, it doesn’t lack for bleakly pretty:

Know I’m late to the party, but just played Observation on xbox game pass. OMG! I what an amazing experience. I’m sure it’s not for everyone and yes they borrow from other sci-fi films, but seriously one of the best gaming experiences I have had this decade. Great writing. Great use of mechanics and map design. Doesn’t overstay it’s welcome. I love that the controls are not intuitive and feel clunky at first. I love that there is no hand holding with puzzles. Heck, there’s no hand holding with trying to find some of the puzzles. I want a sequel or preferably a spinoff that continues this story from another perspective or team. Just a great time.

Enjoying theHunter Call of the Wild this weekend. This was my second attempt at playing this game, and now I’m definitely warming up to it. Once you’ve had a few kills, the game starts sinking its hooks into you!

I’ve actually played Observation twice now, bought it when Epic released it initially and then gave it another go on Game Pass. I too really liked the game, I’m a sucker for this kind of ‘space engineer’ genre. Was hoping that the second time around some things would make more sense, and they did. Kind of. But it’s also pretty clear that some of the central mysteries are meant to just be, you know, mysterious I guess. A sequel might ruin that mystique. But I’m sure I’d play it.

edit: oh, and I’ve been playing a bunch of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. Had this in my backlog forever, and I’ve been putting it off because of some weird thought that I’d be kind of bummed when it was over, that there might never be a new game. But I got past that, years later, and now I’m enjoying it immensely. Really hope they do get back to this series someday.

Was going to play LOTRO but since the game worlds were having a bit of a snafu… “Its in the cloud, it never fails… yea… right” I was forced to try competitive in Destiny 2 vs players who were using such an overpowered weapon (that required you to attain the highest rank in competitive - which you can then use to kill players at 1/5th that rank level… ) it was a struggle to compete when you’re paired with afk-teammate#1 and walkingintothewall-teammate#2.

So, ended up playing Warframe instead, and reading a book.