What have you played in the weekend?

Cyberpunk 2077 because well, duh.
American Truck Simulator currently my fav in VR. Note: once you play this game in VR, the pancake style becomes impossible to enjoy. Not exaggerating.

And probably some rando stuff none of you lot care about.

We care about you, scharmers, and by extension we care about the things that make you happy.

So please enjoy the weekend, will you? All of it, random or not. Do that for you! For us.

I’ll be reading the Cyberpunk 2077 threads at Qt3.

Cyberpunk 2077
Per Aspera
Deep Rock Galactic
AC Valhalla

I have almost a quarter of a dozen hours of free time this weekend! I am sure I will get far in all of them. :P

I started Deliver Us the Moon (Game Pass) a couple nights ago, and it’s an excellent engineer-‘em-up puzzle adventure game. Can’t wait to finish it and uncover the mystery of this ol’ abandoned moonbase.

It looks like nobody played the new Star Wars game. Is there a reason for that?

Which new Star Wars game? Do you mean Squadrons?

The new Star Wars game I see on TV and the new Medal of Honor game I see on TV are both VR-only, being advertised by Occulus. I think maybe that’s what @Scuzz is talking about?

Tales from the something something. Full-priced ($40) VR title. Like maybe three hours long, four if you stretch it. Linear shooter in the SW universe. Pass.

Wasn’t Fallen Order this year, or was that last year? I know it was included in 2020 for the Game of the Year Awards youtube is talking about, although it won exactly nothing.

Fallen Order came out a while ago. When it was released I played it and finished it on Jedi Master. I enjoyed it a lot. I’d recommend it.

There’s no achievements for what difficulty to play on. Jedi Master used to be the hardest difficulty you could choose when the game launched, but I installed it on the Xbox Series X recently and they’ve also unlocked the Grand Master difficulty from the beginning for everyone now. I’m not sure if playing it on that will be fun or not. Jedi Master seemed the perfect mix to me when I played it. Not too frustrating, not too easy.

This Weekend I primarily played two games:

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 on the Switch.

This game is an odd duck. It’s got superb voice acting (to the point where they were obviously hiring talented voice actors to replicate the intonations of specific movie versions of their characters), and the skill, Lab, and ISO-8 system seem more or less like the typical grindy stuff you’d find in most contemporary action games, but the actual combat and sound effects seem straight out of a 1992 brawling game like Double Dragon, or Streets of Rage.

The action seems old school enough it seems like it would be a better fit in something like 1991’s WWF Wrestlefest. Switch this game to 2D sprite models instead of what it currently offers and it would straight up fit.

It’s like a fancy wrapper concealing actual gameplay that doesn’t quite mesh with the rest of the package. Anyway, I love the selection of characters, I just love the voice acting during the story bits, it’s just the action that I’m still trying to appreciate.

Worms Rumble (Steam)

This is a great game to play for 10-20 minutes at a time. I have so many great little moments in the deathmatch mode I mostly stick to. I just love squaring off against one other player and flinging and flipping my worm round and round while I try to put an end to an adversary.

So yeah, this weekend was all Cyberpunk 2077 and a bit of Advent of Code. That’s it.

MUA:3 is much more fun with 2 players. Once you figure out the combinations attacks the combat can be pretty satisfying. My son and I almost got everything in the game.

Cosomator

Great little shump with lots of different builds and combinations of weapons. Finished all the achivements this weekend.

Anger Force Reloaded

Another shump. Clean graphics, simple scoring, a tad on the easier side. Great game though as there’s also lots of collect/unlock. I CC’d it on normal and working on veteran.

Ratropolis

Amazing little Tower defense/card builder. I’m surprised I didn’t hear anyone talk about it on this forum. Only played 2 hours or so but the game is quite fun so far. It’s in EA and coming out of it on December 22nd.

So I played none of these things. I spent all weekend playtesting the next major version of Star Fleet II. It’s amazing you guys.

Company of Heroes
Ember
The Savage Empire

Gladius; Relics of War finally got its hooks into me. Tried it a few times in the past but bounced off but this time it finally clicked.

I hope this is the classic Ultima game!

I’ve been playing Portal 2 (one of my son’s favorite games, which I had never played, so he strongly insisted I have to play with him watching) and Haven.

I’m really liking Haven. It’s got a fun way of traversing its environments (although it sometimes shows its rough edges when the landscape gets complex) and a novel combat system that’s not so demanding that I have to stress about it. But the real highlight is the dialogue, which manages to stay interesting despite only two characters because it reflects the kind of everyday conversations a couple has (including flirty and frank sex-talk that is charming and not cringy).

C’mon, man, look at my avatar. :)