What have you played in the weekend?

Probably get in a little more War for the Overworld. I remember folks being a bit on the fence about it on release, but at this point it’s arguably an enjoyable update to the Dungeon Keeper games.

Fortnite and Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun, both on XB1.

If I have time, I want to check out what’s changed in Halcyon 6: Lightspeed Edition on pc.

It was a mess at release, put out by an exhausted, inexperienced indie crew that was for the most part living out of one house by that time(!) It’s pretty damn good now. Still a few too many knobs for my liking, but pretty good.

I completely forgot to mention Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice, which I bought and plan to download this weekend - but I’m not sure if I’ll play it just yet. I want to take my time with that one, and make sure I play it when I’m fully focused, because it seems to me it’s the kind of game that deserves that.

I only have the brainpower for these right now:

But that should be plleeeeeennty for now. :)

So now it’s 50/50 XCOM2 and No Man’s Sky. Yeah, NMS. I went there.

Sweeeeeeeet!

Let’s be honest here. $60 for NMS? No fucking way. But $24 after the latest update? Totally worth it. Can I say that I feel bad for the people that paid $60 right off the bat? There are a lot of people on the Steam forum that are really pissed off about the sale.

Don’t feel bad for me because I think the game was worth $60 on release and is worth even more at its current state. ;)

There. ;)

The Steam forum is typically noxious. I paid full price with no regrets, and enjoyed my time with the game over the past year.

Yeah, I’ve actually gotten over the $60 thing. Amazing how some people can do that a year later, isn’t it.

But, some people just can’t let anything go. Gamers.

I pulled Mushroom Wars out of the backlog and it’s actually pretty fun. It’s a little more fast paced than I like, but the game is simple to it’s manageable. I cruised through the first 29 scenarios of the campaign, but #30 (the last one) is a royal pain in the butt. I just can’t even come close to getting a win.

It was supposed to be Cryptark’s week-end… and while I managed to play a couple of levels of it, I spent most of my gaming time drowning back into Dungeon Crawl’s Stone Soup.
After spending so much time on modern takes, I had forgotten the reliance on the different, convoluted keyboard shortcuts to equip and remove various piece of gears.

I started playing a game of Fallout 4 now with the DLC. Survival mode. I played vanilla near launch. Not sure if I’m cut out for survival mode now that I died for the 3rd time in Concord. I’m getting tired of needing to redo that section.

Played more Monster Slayer. I’ve beaten the Harbinger with all the regular toons now, so I’m working on the unlocked classes. The game is sort of like solitaire that takes 20 minutes to play. Relaxing but I still have to make interesting choices.

I did end up playing a little Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. It’s okay so far. There’s probably some alternate-history version of myself that played this instead of moving exclusively to PC for 10 years.

I’m really dreading getting to Concord in Survival mode too. On the old Survival difficulty at launch (They added Survival mode later) I died at least 3 dozen times in Concord.

Once I got past Concord the game was a lot easier though.

This section is pretty rough in survival mode. The best strategy is to cheese things out by staying out of the open where you can’t be reached. Survival mode is less frustrating after this early section of the game.

As for me, I finally finished Mass Effect Andromeda this weekend. I came in with low expectations but I ended up pleasantly surprised by the experience.

Yeah, I had that exact experience. The difference is quite startling actually. I died at least 10 times in the Concord building, but then hardly died again afterwards.

I finally got through Concord, so maybe I’m in for smoother sailing!