What Is The Worst Christmas Movie?

Oh, okay, whew, misread then. Sorry, carry on folks. :)

I thought Ernest Saves Christmas was awesome, WTH?

Which Jack Frost is the worst, though?

Who the fuck are YOU? ;)

Hell, I’ll bah a humbug against Scrooged. It’s probably my least favourite Bill Murray movie, and I’m including Charlie’s Angels and the one about the elephant. There’s precisely two things I like in that movie: the speech at the end, and Carol Kane clocking him with the toaster.

A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas - There was really nothing humorous about it. Too much swearing for me.

Yeah. It doubly sucks because we already have a film (well, TV) version of the Grinch, and it’s pitch perfect and absolutely does not need to remade, ever.

I haven’t seen the remake of Miracle on 34th Street, but it sounds like it falls into the same category.

You monster.

The Hurt Locker.

/ducks

Oops, inadvertent. Only left it off because I originally said “since 1990” - it’s definitely my favorite Christmas movie of the last 40 years.

I also accept Scrooged as an exception, although Bobcat Goldthwait’s participation makes it more of an abeyance, granted in the spirit of the season. List revised.

Elf is, sadly, rejected.

I guess the Star Wars Xmas Special doesn’t count cuz a) TV and 2) Life Day?

Huh guys.

Since picking the worst Christmas movie is an exercise in rule creep, I propose the following categories:

Best Christmas Movie: Stalag 17
Best version of A Christmas Carol: Alastair Sim version for me (1951).
Worst version of A Christmas Carol: The 30 minute Micky Mouse version. Ugh. So compressed and awful. Dishonorable mention to the Zemeciks animated version, it was soulless.

Undoubtedly Jack Frost. As Roger Ebert said in his hilarious review:

The snowman gave me the creeps. Never have I disliked a movie character more. They say state-of-the-art special effects can create the illusion of anything on the screen, and now we have proof: It’s possible for the Jim Henson folks and Industrial Light and Magic to put their heads together and come up with the most repulsive single creature in the history of special effects, and I am not forgetting the Chucky doll or the desert intestine from “Star Wars.” To see the snowman is to dislike the snowman. It doesn’t look like a snowman, anyway. It looks like a cheap snowman suit. When it moves, it doesn’t exactly glide – it walks, but without feet, like it’s creeping on its torso. It has anorexic tree limbs for arms, which spin through 360 degrees when it’s throwing snowballs. It has a big, wide mouth that moves as if masticating Gummi Bears. And it’s this kid’s dad.

I’d also include the stupid Arnold Christmas movie, and the horrible “Christmas with the Kranks”.

Those of you who are dogging the Santa Clause movies forget the films’ one redeeming feature: Elizabeth Mitchell.

I’m going to go off the board and vote for ‘Polar Express’ for two reasons:

1. The animation in the characters are creepy
  2. They have a ‘4-D’ version of it at Stone Mountain that I have to bring my son to see every year and it is interminably long, even at the 15 or 20 minutes they run for it.

I have to know.

What is 4D?

Cut down to 15 minutes, what is actually shown?

Carol Kane was the awesome in Scrooged. That reminds me…