What is your current favorite Roguelike? [Or all things roguelike]

It was ok.

Also, what is up with putting “45” after answers? I see that sometimes in this forum and never understood what it meant.

Discourse requires a minimum of 5 letters in a reply, so “yes” is not sufficient.

Oh hell, yes! It’s kind of janky and lacks coherent goals, but in the words of RPS :

I highly recommend adding the Mighty Mini Mod of Doom before even starting the game, which adds a whole bunch of real life stuff to mess around with.

One of my favorite old school rouguelikes, well done! I can trace my knowledge of the word “peckish” to that game.

https://www.gridsagegames.com/blog/2020/04/developing-multitile-creatures-roguelikes/

I will totally buy the Dracula Genesis game. Just look at the crazy variety of… stuff put into it. Enemies, objects, passives, hazards, npcs, classes, etc. And just 13€.

That looks like kinda insane

I, Dracula Genesis is indeed pretty great.

Pretty cool game but it’s not a roguelike.

That looks worth a check out.

You’re evil: teasing Cogmind update to the eyes only to get recommendations :(

It’s finally coming to Steam! One of the very few traditional roguelikes with a sci-fi/space theme. Can’t wait to get it.

Ugh, I knew I was going to regret shelling out for that Shrapnel Games copy. And this explains why they mysteriously abandoned it.

Apparently Shrapnel buyers will get Steam keys, but not until after early access because dev wants to maximise the review scores:

reviews are everything on Steam, and they only really care about reviews that come from purchases (not from keys). I’d like to build up as many “legitimate” reviews as possible.

Game will support 1080p.

The price will start at $9.99 in early access, and go up to $14.99 in full release.

According to the dev it’s on Steam because he was able to re-acquire the rights from Shrapnel after they abandoned it.

I stand corrected, then. That’s good. Didn’t see any info to that effect when I looked at it earlier today.

TRUE ROGUE-LIKE

accessible to new players

Contradictory.

I found the info in a Kickstarter update. :)

Shiren 5 hits Switch and Steam this year.