What is your dream game?

WOW set in the Shadowrun universe.

Telltale Battlestar Galactica (new series)

or/and

Star Wars Galaxies 2. Use all the original systems, update the engine. Bwaah.

Jagged alliance 2, but even better. How better? Not sure.

I heard recently that CoH is still running and being developed from the original code base using developer tools in South America somewhere, with new archetypes, new power sets, the works. No idea how to gain access.

I had not heard that. If true, they’re doing it totally illegally as the IP is owned by NCSoft. Still, it’s heartening to hear the original code may actually be out there, or that someone somewhere may be, as we speak, running another Statesman’s Task Force.

There is supposedly an effort to buy the IP by a small group of people, but of course everyone involved is under NDA so can’t talk about it. There’s been no news of how the effort is going since May of last year, and while many remain hopeful, it becomes harder and harder to remain so as the months and years pass with seemingly no results.

Maybe one day Obsidian Fox, that legendary Earth/Fire Dominator, will once again grace the skies of Paragon City and kick some more Rikti ass. Maybe.

Yeah Telltale Battlestar Galactica – where they rattle off the population of humankind as they run from alien cyborg genocidal maniacs. I am in for that for sure.

I’ve been playing around with the graphics already, but a game I would like to develop would be a LEGO Farscape d20 RPG using the Temple of Elemental Evil (ToEE) game engine. A person could salvage the story and voice acting from the unsuccessful 2002 Farscape video game. There’s a mod called Temple+ currently under development that allows one to change a whole lot of ToEE’s internals, making it possible to create new combat rules, spells, skills, etc… However, A big barrier I am facing right now is how to rig a LEGO human model and import it into the game.

I guess I will just have to keep dreaming. :(

I would want an open world like Skyrim with Dark Souls type combat.

Starship Troopers, the board game, directly ported to the PC with everything intact and gorgeous graphics.

I still have my copy, all of the counters in plastic film canisters, awaiting a second player that will never come.

What is my dream game?

I would love a modern Crush Deluxe.

Can I piggyback on this one?

Same game I’ve been wanting for 10 years now: Shadowbane that works. Would be great if you could play with your friends too, regardless of their level. Build cities, protect them, set up deals with other people’s factions, politics, backstabbing, competition over scarce resources, solid team-based combat, able to play with friends regardless of whether one is in grad school and the other has a new baby, and no SB.exe. Yeah, it’s a lot to ask for, I suppose.

Camelot Unchained and Crowfall are in the ballpark, at least on paper.

One of the things I’ve always wanted is an MMORPG where the world was really a dynamic world model/simulation, and players simply replaced one of the actors in the model. That is, stuff happens whether you are there or not, and your actions can shape and change the world directly and indirectly. Trade routes between villages will naturally attract bandits. Kill the bandits in the area and the trade routes are fine for a while. Kill the dragon in the cave? He’s gone. Do stuff outside of the sight of anyone? No one knows. Die? You’re dead. Maybe a kinsperson carries on, but permadeath is it. Build it on generations of a family perhaps, with a closed loop world state. At some point, good or evil wins, and the world resets. You’d carry forward your family accomplishments to some extent, modified by whether you were on the winning or losing side in the last run through of the world. I actually had some long, interesting conversations with Orign/EA people at some even in Austin years ago, around the time of their space RPG (Earth something? Can’t remember). It’s nearly an impossible task, but fun to dream about.

The other thing that I come back to again and again goes back to my grog roots. I want a game focused on modern amphibious and airborne assaults/interventions, where you have realistic intel, forces, and terrain modeling, as well as realistic (within the confines of gaming) command, control, and planning. Crises generated by a combination of random and scenario variables, which would generate the briefing materials for the player: maps, photos, TO&Es, available resources, goals, limitations, etc. You’d have to choose a force, method, and place of intervention, and then plan and execute the assault. I never really figured out how to do the combat–how much control and of what type to give to the player–but the idea is still interesting to me.

A current-gen Kohan with improved unit AI to stop the exploits and keeping the low number of units/lack of control.

Ashes is not this game.

I’d buy that game!

A sequel to Midwinter 2 or Hired Guns.

Yup, pretty much.

Dominions 4 with Europa Universalis IV maps and graphics set in the Malazan world.

Han Solo’s space truck simulator. The old xwing/tiefighter game design but with very modern graphics and an openish world to trade and oddjob in. So like the lovechild of tie fighter and privateer.

I want to run a TV network. All aspects: primetime, daytime, late night, news. I don’t want to sell advertising or do other micromanagement. Rather, I want to develop programs, schedule them, and make changes as needed. Basically I want the 1980s game PrimeTime expanded beyond primetime and to run multiple seasons allowing me to chart the ebb and flow of programs and the ebb and flow of genres’ popularity.

I’d like the option to either be one of the traditional broadcast nets, or a newcomer (like Fox in the '80s or the CW in the oughts), or to run a niche cable network.