What is your dream game?

My dream game would be Yakuza 5 with English subtitles. And with one chapter where Bayonetta is the playable character, and “Fly me to the moon” is available in karaoke.

My dream game is apparently a relatively simple board game where I can’t seem to figure out the rules no matter how I read them. At least, that’s the game I dreamed about last night.

While I share that dream, I’d be happy simply with a solid Mechwarrior/BattleTech RPG.

In regards to c, here’s a list of requested features I helped create for the space sim Vega Strike:

http://vegastrike.sourceforge.net/wiki/FAQ:Feature_Requests

Very few of these got implemented IIRC. :(

Looks like you got your wish:

My gaming wish is that somehow Microprose get back together and start remaking their grand old games with modern technology and VR where applicable. Imagine modern Falcon, aces of the pacific and tank platoon. Ah…

My dream game would let you explore landscape and ruins of places long abandonned and forgotten.
My dream game would not insult your intelligence and would provide a light frame upon which it would let you build up your story from your experiences.
My dream game woud let you interact with the game characters in multiple ways, while figuring a solution to the eternal problem of the “silent protagonist”.
My dream game would surprise you by turning into something so much more than the action game you expected it to be all this time.
My dream game would end in a climax whose conclusion would be the one that made sense to you ; the one you were lead to choose through the dramatic progression of your actions.
My dream game would leave you free to not experience any of the above if you so chose.
My dream game was Dark Souls.

How about a Spore that doesn’t suck? You know, like the one Will Wright showed in those early concept videos. :/

Take a heavily modded game like minecraft that has been well written (ie: multi-threaded and didn’t take 5 minutes to load), then add a living world to explore where you are not all alone, but there are various NPC factions to interact with. Such that you can grow crops and provide resources to a small faction which will then grow into an empire. They will build roads and have commerce in which you may be a participant. They may field armies and attack other nations or they might be peaceful.

For the part of the player, you gather resources until you automate it and then you spend your time building an ever increasingly complex factory system to process it all. You could then extend this concept into a galactic empire. You move off world building your space ship, your flying factory ship. Mine the asteroids and dead worlds, build space stations, colonize worlds and govern them, etc…

I’ll be in my bunk…

They already made my dream game…twice: Thief and Thief 2.
So I suppose a proper new Thief game would fit the bill.

Which reminds me that I really need to give Dishonored a proper try.

I’m easy, my dream game is an NFL game that’s as deep, complex, and realized as Out of the Park Baseball. I have high hopes for Beyond the Sidelines.

Dominions without all of the micromanagement.

City of Heroes. Period. Just to have it back exactly as it was would be fine with me. God I miss that game.

Oh, and Distant Worlds with scalable UI and better AI.

Mercenaries 3, with deeper economics and a staff to pay. Send mercenaries on missions, XCOM style. Call in support, reinforcements and air drops. Sector by sector takeover. Dynamically generated missions. Super good destruction/deformation engine. Score by Jeremy Soule.

Always wanted something open world that let me feel like I was really influencing the world. Mount and Blade came close but it never felt like my accomplishments amounted to as much as I hoped. State of Decay came closer and might just be my favorite game ever but didn’t quite hit the mark.

I want a truly dynamic world that reacts to what I do and what other characters do. And I don’t want someone trying to shoehorn a story into that world. Just let it play out and let me have fun with it. I imagine Dwarf Fortress might hit the spot but I’ve never been able to get into it (or Rimworld, for that matter). I think I want something where I play at the ground level as a single character but able to build alliances and armies.

A never ending survival mode where everything was scarce and what you did mattered. Is that so much to ask?

Yeah, Mount&Blade was such a waste of a good combat engine.

Have you played Sid Meier’s Pirates!? Probably still a couple notches short of the kind of impact you want, but it’s in that school.

I have played Pirates! and I liked it quite a bit. Like you said, it’s not exactly what I want but still a great game.

I don’t think I there is only one single version of what I’d consider a dream game, but a game that combined XCOM2 and the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer would probably be a candidate.