What kind of game is Dirt 5? Glad you asked!

Thanks! Yeah, that sounds about right.

Thanks for the review, as you probably saved me some $$

I’ve enjoyed the Dirt series for years, but this one I’ll skip. That said I picked up Dirt Rally 2 for cheap and loving it!

I must ask, why would the dev/pub go in this direction?

Too much competition in the Rally Sim space, I would think, and an unfilled niche in the Arcade Rally space they could potentially exploit.

I’ve read that the WRC 9 implementation of the triggers and haptics is better. More realistic, which of course that game is in the first place.

I have to wonder who this game is for. Last night I easily zoomed to victory by being the best driver ever (ie tapping the brake once in a turn) and getting ahead of the pack. It’s clearly not for hardcore racing simmers. It’s clearly not for adults by the aesthetic. It’s not for people even remotely competent with computer games and capable of learning. I imagine the target audience is a 13 year old on their first console with their first racing game. It’s a game where I can still win even after coming to a complete stop. Why was Nolan North hired again?

Enjoy this cringe pie!

Hilariously accurate review. I am still enjoying it, in low doses, for the graphics and atmosphere that comes with the dynamic weather and daytime. I am however pissed at myself for buying it in retrospect, now that I know I could have gotten it in gamepass had I waited few extra days. Damn you GMG and your enticing sales.

Very late to the party, but I saw it was on Game Pass, installed it, played about 30 minutes worth, and was already bored. Storage space on the XSX being fairly scarce, I uninstalled it a couple of days later.