What Non-Liberals Dislike About Liberalism (restored)

I’m probably going to regret this, but as an non-affiliated voter for my entire voting life, what I don’t like about liberals is they can’t focus. What I mean is that there are so many grievances and so many problems, they feel like they have to tackle them all and they have zero ability to prioritize.

All they want to do is add one more program.

And in doing so, they proclaim to speak for me and I must be an enemy if I don’t agree with ALL of their demands.

As illustrative to my point, I give you the 99% group from 6 years ago. Most references / websites to this group are now defunct, the wikipedia page points to several dead links and I was finally able to find the list of their demands.

I should probably quote it under a summary b/c it could be a dead link itself any time.

This list is indicative to how I perceive liberals. A well meaning grievance (and I’ll paraphrase to how I interpret it was the 1% held way too much influence over the other 99% of people). But as with most things liberals touch, while there was a lot of truth and passion around this, they are unable to focus. When the list came out, I just laughed and to use Ronald Reagan’s famous quip “there you go again”. I refuse to even count how many things they demanded, but it was excessive. My eyes glazed over very quickly.

Locally, I see the same thing. I’m in Oregon, and since I’ve been here, I’ve lost count of all the programs that continue to get funded. Heck, even our shitty crappy governor, Kate Brown, after only 18 months, proclaims the “18 accomplishments she’s done”, when she has yet to move the needle on the single biggest problem Oregon has and that is PERS, our underfunded retirement system for public employees.

Coming from a business background where I managed medium sized groups (70-80 people with a budget of ~$10-15M), we would never even think of going to our VP with more than 2 or 3 things to fund the next year, and 3 would be pushing it.

This forces people to prioritize. What is really important? How would you rank them? Can you get to a top 3?

My guess is that no liberals could get to a top 3 and that is my biggest dislike about Liberalism.