What to play after Witcher 3?

Finished Witcher 3, main game plus two DLCs. No spoilers, but the ending was incredibly satisfying and “right.” The whole game felt like I was in an epic movie trilogy, and the ending fit that theme very well.

But - now what? I love open world games, and I went from hundreds of hours playing Skyrim to hundreds of hours playing Witcher 3, and I have no games on my PS4 loaded up now (I tried to get back into GTAV, which I never got very far into, but I can’t drive worth #^&^# and that makes the game more frustrating than fun.)

So - PS4 only, what’s a good follow up to Witcher 3? Something engaging, open world would be best, something with a lotr of freedom in terms of exploration?

Now what?

Now you’ll have a downer for two weeks at least because every game you will try will feel so inferior in comparison.

In PS4, the only noteworthy thing in open world is Watch Dogs 2.

Based just on the thread (I haven’t played it) I was also going to recommend Watch Dogs 2. First because it’s a very different setting, which should help you not compare it to Witcher 3, and secondly because there’s possibly lots of tools to help you play it exclusively without guns if you want to, making it quite a different kind of open world game from Witcher 3.

Dishonored 2. Each level is like a mini-open world, I loved exploring it all.

First i would just accept that everything from now on in your life is going to be downhill and you will tell time by years since witcher 3 finish.

Watch dogs 2 is the only game anywhere close that comes to mind. The problem with non witcher 3 games is you have to compromise. Unless you’re witcher 3, you can’t have a super big world, a super engaging world, amazing writing, good combat, good progression, etc etc. I still maintain that Witcher 3 was made with slave/prison labor to do everything they did in one game.

Just finished a second round myself so that I could experience the Heart of Stone and Blood and Wine expansions. If you haven’t played some of the older open world games, Fallout 4 is not a bad choice if you like Bethesda style open world experiences. The combat mechanics are solid and the world is fun to explore - especially in survival mode. However, the main quest is pretty weak. Dying Light is also a solid open world zombie game. Combat and movement feels spot on as you level and the day/night cycle adds some tension when navigating the world. I wasn’t a fan of the main quest line though.

I am going to try either Far Cry Primal or Assassin’s Creed Syndicate next on PS4 and some Fallout 4 with mods on PC.

Dragon’s Dogma

I’ve been wanting to find time to play Homefront The Revolution.

So you should pick that up cheap and play that. :)

I think you should take some time off games and travel. New Zealand or Malaysia.

Hmmm. Dishonored 2 looks interesting, perhaps I should start with Dishonored (since I haven’t play it and the “Definitive Edition” is $19 on the PS4?

Or Watchdogs 2? Which will scratch my freeform exploration/freedom of action itch the best?

The Dishonored games aren’t open world but the mission maps are fairly large. If you enjoy Thief games and that whole Victorian steampunk/sneaking around on rooftops atmosphere, you’ll like Dishonored.

I picked up the PS4 Dishonored 2 Limited Edition off Amazon and it included a digital game code for Dishonored Definitive Edition. Quite a good deal.

NOT AN OPEN WORLD RPG.

You need some time to forget.

Get it. The Definitive Edition includes the expansion and the expansion (split into two) is every bit as good as the main game. Of course I assume you enjoy stealth action games.

Yeah, this. Play One Finger Death Punch or something. Give some time for your expectations to reset.

Fallout 4 maybe? It’s a great game if you play on Survival.

I always have to play something more hardcore to get over a game that I’m stuck on. So I’d play Bloodborne. It’s pretty hard though.

why not try Dark Souls 3 … the game will feel like the whole world is against you, also it is a fairly open world game, combat is great… story is subtle. But for many this is the best game (series) ever made (me too).

OK - so I got Dishonored 1 ultimate pack or whatever its’ called and Watch Dog 2. Decided to start with Watch Dog 2.

And I’m stuck on the Intro Mission! Got past the 3 starting guards, got into the building, knocked out the guards in there, see I need to hack something to get in that “Employees Only” room, so run back to head out the door that leads to the stairs,

And can’t get through the door! I see the red door key thing by the door (This is NOT the one I need to hack something for, this is the door to get out to the stairs) and can’t find any way to get through the door! Help! LOL!

NVM - it wasn’t clear to me that I could hack that key access computer from standing by a door far away - I thought I had to get to it. This is going to take some learnin’.

Holy Crap. Trying to play the intro mission without any guide or anything is hard! And that’s on EASY!

It isn’t really intuitive what to do. Or even how to get where I need to go. I’m trying to just use melee on the guards, and without knowing what I’m doing I managed to get to the room and delete my profile, and now it says to escape via the server room basement, I have no idea how or where that is, so I’m just trying to get down stairs. Just got seen and killed again.

If this intro is what the game is like, this may be a bit too intense for what I’m looking for!