What have you played in the weekend?

Besides bottling beer, it’s also a Dungeons and Dragons weekend, continuing in a buddy’s 5th Edition campaign.

I’m gonna be busy trying to talk myself out of buying Battle For Azeroth. I’ve been reading about the new patch, and my extremities are getting all tingly.

If I have any time left-over probably mostly grinding on Magic Arena and Eternal.

I’m hoping it will be mostly Kingdom Come: Deliverance and Mary Skelter: Nightmares. Maybe even Middle Earth: Shadow of War if I manage to download it again this weekend.

I Finished The Wolf Among Us this week after having started it 1.5 years ago! Pathetic that it took me so long since it’s a short game but I have a short attention span when it comes to gaming which is why my backlog spans years and multiple consoles (someday I will finally start Baldur’s Gate II: Throne Of Bhaal).

Proud of myself for actually sticking to two games this month - promised myself I would focus on one or two games and not start or go back to any other games until one is completed. So playing some more Dragon Quest VIII and Witcher 3 this weekend.

I’ve played and failed a couple times in For the King. I started a 3rd attempt so I imagine I’ll at least see this through to the end.

The Tour de France is going to pass right by my apartment balcony tomorrow so I’ll watch that for a hour or so.

I’ve got a lot of gaming planned for this weekend. For the blog, I need to hit some games such as:

For myself, I’ve been returning to this after a break to avoid burnout:

Also some more of this:

Plus plenty more of this:

Should be a great weekend! EDF! EDF!

It looks like the weather is going to go south here for about a week so I’ll be playing some of the stuff in this pile…

…as well as a bunch of Fortnite.

I bought the US version of X-Kailber 2097 but man, it was tough not to get the Super Famicom one since the title over there is SWORD MANIAC! It’s the rare case where I saved money getting the US version, though.

Just look at that box…

It can cut you like a knife
If the gift becomes the fire
On the wire between will and what will be
She’s a maniac, maniac with a sword
And she’s slicing like she’s never sliced before

Warframe, eh, Brian? Nice. One of my frequent favorite time-wasters. Have you been playing long?

No, I’ve only got a few hours under my belt and stopped playing for some reason, so I feel like a total newb. I’ve been taking some lower-level missions to refamiliarize myself with the controls.

It’s not the cleanest of new player experiences, I’ll give you that. The Warframe thread here is super-helpful.

It took a lot of hours for me, but when the parkour system finally clicks, you jump smoothly across the wall of a wide-open level, and realize that along the way you hit three or four headshots, that’s when the game really starts to sing.

Hoping to finish up Vampyr, so I can start to play something new.

You’re probably going to want to hit the latest update to Space Engineers, too, just to make sure your docket’s full.

Oh no, I long ago ran out of fucks for that game. I know it has a big update and such, but I soooo don’t care.

Maybe I’ll care if they ever finish Miner Wars 2081. Maybe.

Xenonauts because someone needs to tackle my backlog.

I am losing a lot more people than I did on the original X-COM Enemy Unknown.

Going to play some Rime, which is a fairly good environmental puzzler.

Also delving in to Vampire - The Masquerade: Bloodlines, which I bought nearly ten years ago and never got around to playing. It is the oldest purchase in my backlog.

Maybe squeeze in another map of the Starcraft II: Legacy of the Void campaign.

When I go a while without playing Warframe I usually return to a game that I no longer know how to play. :)

I’m considering starting up Warframe myself. Twitch keeps throwing free crap at me, so I figure the least I can do is check out what it does.

I recently got into Warframe myself as well, and yeah, it’s insanely fun. The movement’s great and I’m still early enough that experimenting with different weapons and mods is a lot of fun rather than an exercise in follow-the-leader optimization.

Warframe is good fun, as long as you’re not in a public game. Every single time I’ve played with other people, they just sprint through to the end in about 30 seconds and then whine at you to hurry up.

Solo is the way to play that game.