What have you played in the weekend?

Deus Ex:Mankind Divided and Doom Ancient Aliens. Also I’m eyeing to finally play SOTS.

@ShivaX and I are 170 or so turns into our Total War: Warhammer campaign we started before the holidays, and I feel like we have a real chance to claim a victory at last. We’ve scourged the land of many threats, and what threats remain I feel like we have a handle on for now. It’s just a matter of settling previously raised settlements and pushing our stranglehold out to join up with our mutual allies, and I believe Bob will indeed be our uncle.

I’m also playing Bravely Second on the 3DS which is engaging and fun, but I’m already finding the dialog a slog. It’s got a decent story as viewed from very high up and very far away (a kingdom under siege, villains I can’t wait to face off against, some honestly cool characters) but sometimes the dialog is… I’m not sure whom this is written for. Kids? They wouldn’t be able to grasp the RPG mechanics, there is a lot of meat on these bones honestly, between job swapping and the dizzying and satisfying synergy between the jobs and secondary job abilities. I’ll talk about it some day, it’ fantastic and I’m only in chapter 1! But kids that can grasp this stuff will almost certainly roll their eyes at the in-party dialog. But for now the game and the mechanics are enough I’m enjoying it but I’m not putting great swaths of time in each time I sit down to play it. It is very pretty though, to boot, so that’s always a plus.

And also on the 3DS I’m plucking away at Etrian Mystery Dungeon, which is really fun but kind of tiring after a long stretch as the combat doesn’t evolve very quickly and for some reason on Normal it’s not very challenging. I could bump up the difficulty I suppose, but then I fear the odd boss fight would be frustrating. I have yet to have a party wipe in this “roguelike” dungeon crawler. That’s good and bad!

For the next 2 months I’ll have a bit more free time in the weekends to play, so let’s see what I’ll play tomorrow:

Marvel Puzzle Quest, continuing a year-long addiction.
SteamWorld Heist. I love how each “heist” session lasts less than an hour, so I could play on weeknights. (No I hardly do that. Did I not mention MPQ already?)
Maybe start Unity of Command or Treasure Planet.

I’ll look for your times!

I am enjoying very much: flashpoint campaigns. Seriously: try it !!

The only solid gaming plan I have this weekend is to jump into the new Diablo 3 season when it opens in a few hours (unless my calculations are off). Thinking of taking a Monk, my least-played class, and checking out the anniversary content.

This talk of Thargoids means I may settle back into the captain’s chair for some Elite Dangerous VR for a few hours.

I’ve also had a hankering for a couple games of Flash Point: Fire Rescue.

Thanks to the new monthly Humble Bundle, I’ll give XCOM 2 a spin.

I am finding Stardew Valley interesting

Thanks to @rshetts it seems that I’ll be playing Mass Effect 2. Along with ESO, Infested Planet, Steamworld: Heist and Sunless Sea.

Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door. No idea if I’ll play anything else yet.

Depending on the snow storm:

ESO
Gemcraft
Antihero
Hoping to try one game on my backlog

1. Working on my WoW: Legion monk, mainly long-term goals such as pushing for my 5th legendary, going for the PvP artifact skin, and filling out my 35th artifact trait on my offspec artifacts, all in prep for 7.1.5 and Nighthold dropping next week

2. Path of Exile – Haven’t progressed in a week or so being on vacation, would be good to get some progression in on my Witch

3. Tyranny – Continuing my game of this. Loving the world and characters. Obsessing too much over builds and not screwing myself in the long-term as usual.

4. Thumper – Downloaded on the Steam sale and have had fun in my initial levels. Surprisingly, it was a miss with my kids, including my guitar-hero loving daughter. She didn’t like how the game trained you by making you fail over and over until you passed a gate.

Gary Grigsby’s Bombing the Reich (old groggy air wargame)
Concealed Intent (stealthy tactical space game)
Silent Victory (the solo WW2 sim boardgame)

I just got this recently myself, just haven’t tried it yet. Can’t wait to though!

I just noodled with it some. I feel the game may be beyond my limited intelligence. It is a pretty complex beast. At leats its learning curve is steep, very steep :)

How’s the manual?

No idea. I should probably read that. :)

Sounds like me.

I love PDFs that you can email yourself and read via Kindle. So far this is a great manual. Game looks lovingly complex. I love how you can play the campaign for just a say, a week, a month or the whole thing. That should help with learning.

Maybe we can take this over to the wargaming thread if you wanna keep talking about it. ;-)

Oh and I realize what I have is Eagle Day to Bombing The Reich, the mix of both games that Matrix sells.

Yeha me too. I took another crack , actually this is not so bad. Just make mission, assign planes. Get er done.

My only real beef is the game gets real slow and unresponsive. which is weird for an older game.