Which movie review blog inspired the Qt3 Movie Podcast's Over & Under rankings?

Hello! I tried looking around but I can’t seem to find the episode where Over & Under are first introduced.

Does anyone remember which movie review blog inspired the Qt3 Movie Podcast’s Over/Under rankings?

It might be this one. Dingus just says that it was a listener suggestion.

I do not think it was any sort of direct inspiration whatsoever, but Bill Simmons had been doing something similar on sports stuff on his Page 2 content back in the oooold ESPN.com days.

The idea that Tom would ever take inspiration from anything Bill Simmons wrote amuses me greatly. I can’t find any less likely pairing.

Bill is peak Masshole sports fan, whose pop culture and media preferences are… well it’s been a minute but I never perceived them as particularly refined.

Oh, I don’t think there was anything direct about it, and I don’t think Simmons was using it for movies or anything else beyond sports at the time. But yeah, using the gambling over and under thing to compare stuff like Celtics point guards was something he’d do on occasion.

Easy for me to envision a fan of the movie pod making the suggestion. And for all I know, it was an original suggestion on their part as well.

@AWS260 has it.

I just went through that string of Tom-less episodes. They’re almost their own show, but really special. When Tom came back he was excited to continue the over/under game that Kelly and Dingus had started. So if it was a Bill Simmons original it got laundered quite a bit.