Which new RTS are you going to buy?

Well, no. I’m simply past RTS games. And I’m also past FPS. So in the end, I’m past past. And tired. I’m that too. There are exactly ZERO computer games I’m looking forward to.

So I’ve gone back to my roots: playing board games.

Not sure how I’m gonna swing it, but I’m going to shoot for all three. I’m hoping to catch some sales during the first week or so.

Go VegasRobb!

I’m going for all three as well, but, well, I won’t be paying for Kohan II, so it will be easier on me.

;-)

Design Director / Producer
TimeGate Studios, Inc.

I agree, but I was speaking from a buyer’s point of view. More good games than I have time to play is a problem that I think that I can live with, as a gamer.[/quote]

True but ultimately consumers end up getting screwed by this release them all at once thing. Odds are that one or more of these RTS games that are coming out in the next few months will never get a sequel due to poor sales and lack of recognition when it really really deserved one. In the end the developers and the consumers both lose out.

Kohan 2, R:TW are high on my list, though R:TW a bit more. Above HL2 for sure. I haven’t played the demo of Warhammer so i haven’t any buzz about that game, although i expect it to be similar to the other Relic games. Which i get first will probably be by whichever i can snag for the least bread.

I am looking foward to EE2, or at least more information on it; the screens are nice so far. I’d like to hear more about Armies of Exigo, though i fear its a backword looking RTS that longs for the glory days of the hotkey monkey and micro’ing 120 workers.

I’m afraid this is going to force me to upgrade finally however… bleh. The Kohan 2 beta was just barely playable on my system.

Kohan 2, R:TW are high on my list, though R:TW a bit more. Above HL2 for sure. I haven’t played the demo of Warhammer so i haven’t any buzz about that game, although i expect it to be similar to the other Relic games.

Warhammer didn’t really remind much of Homeworld or HW2 (haven’t played Impossible Creatures). Speaking strictly from playing the Warhammer demo it seemed to take a few queues from Kohan and Rise of Nations.

My vote of the three is going to Warhammer for now. I’m sure Rome:TW will be excellent but I tend to be pretty strongly oriented toward storyline in my RTS games (yes I’m in the minority) and with all of the Warhammer mythos to draw from I’m hoping that Relic will capitalize on that in the single player game.

The stats so far:

30% of you don’t appear to be buying any of the games.
46% of you will buy Rome: Total War.
34% of you will buy Kohan II.
31% of you will buy Warhammer 40k.
John Kerry has 269 Electoral Votes.
George Bush has 233 Electoral Votes.
Brian Koontz is still probably a nutcase.
This post has gone 100% widly off topic.