Who should be the guy to revisit the Battle of Midway?

I hope you said Roland Emmerich, because that’s what you’re getting.

Hey, where’s everybody going??

At least the FX should be better (I hope) than the 70’s version, which blew its budget on a star-studded cast, leaving 37 cents to round up a bunch of syphilitic monkeys and lock them in a room with some WWII stock footage (My personal favorite was Chuck Heston’s dive bomber, which turns into a torpedo plane mid-flight, then becomes a 1950’s jet fighter upon crashing into the carrier).

Not much of a banner cast this time. Just Woody Harrelson playing Adm. Nimitz, backed up by Aaron Eckhart, Patrick Wilson, Dennis Quaid, Mandy Moore, and uh… one of the Jonas brothers. Some dude I never heard of will be playing Yamamoto, though I’m not sure how you could possibly top Toshiro Mifune, voiced by Burgermeister Meisterburger.

Hopefully this is better to watch than the blanket and a nap , that was Dunkirk.

I recall The Patriot being enjoyable, but I haven’t seen it in ages. So maybe Emmerich can make a historical drama? Maybe?

I lurved Midway (the bad movie, and the battle). The old boardgame Midway was one of my first forays into wargaming. Even if the stupid screen didn’t actually fit across the board properly.

It can’t be any worse than the abomination of 2001’s Pearl Harbor. I wanted to storm out of that movie, but I was with a group of friends.

This forum needs dislikes

How about shitbonerz?

Because if there was a shitbonerz button under every post I think I’d click it a lot.

Long as Emmirch finds a way to put this in.
let-them-fight