Who's the most famous cow in the world?

Aawww, I loved that little calf in that movie. I teared up when Billy Crystal rescued him.

What about a brown cow, then? Which, if I’m not mistaken, is a White Russian sans vodka.

Now that I think of it, though, the most famous cow is probably the red cow from the Laughing Cow cheese labels.

I was tempted to say the Quarter-Pounder with cheese, but I think that leads to what makes the very best hamburger:

Sacred Cow.

Most famous? The cow who jumped over the moon. Got lost up there in the sky because it was a black cow and you couldn’t see it, but really really famous.

You guys are too america-centric.

Edit: Firefox CTRL-F failed me. But, Buceph, pictures or it didn’t happen. ;-)

rezaf

Obviously the most famous cow in the world is the holy cow of India. This one is white but in my mind it has a blue glow.

The most famous cow is Cao Cao, a central figure of China’s Three Kingdoms period who rose to great power, eventually becoming the second-to-last chancellor of the eastern Han dynasty. Warrior poet, military genius, philosopher, video game hero. Cao Cao is clearly worthy of the title of history’s greatest, and most famous, cow.

Oh my god, the purple milka cow! COW CHOCOLATE! I LOVE THAT COW!

I asked my family members this question and my wife said the most famous cow is the Mad Cow. I think she’s right.

A mad cow (wav file).

I live near a middle school which had one of those fiberglass cow “art” installations on their lawn. Recently this cow has disappeared and cow missing signs, similar to missing dog signs, have been posted. I have no clue how many middle schoolers it takes to move a 100 lb full sized fiber glass cow and what they did with it. And how did no one notice it.

But to answer the question, the most famous cow in the world is the idea of a cow. Black and white spotted dairy cow obviously. Cows as individuals have a hard time gaining fame since we pump their teets and eat them. I’m sure kobe beef is more famous than any cow.

Glas Ghaibhneach the mystic grey cow of Goibniu, provider of both the endless feast and odd smithing tasks.

The most famous cow is Cao Cao, of course. Love the blue robes.

Bill Cow-her was the most famous of the black and gold cows.

I think the brown Shifty Looking Cow from Mass Effect is the most famous game cow (or should be):

Mooby is a somewhat famous fictional cow created by Kevin Smith.

The black and white cows from Diablo’s Cow Level.

Gertrude the Golden Guernsey

I’m gonna have to say Clarabelle Cow. Both because I discovered her by watching “Mickey Mouse Clubhouse” with my son, and because I immediately realized she was voiced by the red-hot April Winchell.

-xtien