Wii Gamecube saves question

This is 100% wrong. The Wavebird works fine. You just plug the receiver into the Gamecube ports and off you go.

Same here.

If that’s true, I will be happy to admit I’m wrong. Several of my friends have tried it, using different systems and controllers, and had no luck whatsoever. I think I’ll go poke around with it and try to get it working. I just figured they didn’t allow it because of different wireless protocols conflicting or something stupid like that.

Edit: Wait a sec. Does it maybe only work with GC games? We might have been testing it with the VC.

WB is the ONLY controller I use on my Wii for GC games…I assumed it was only for cube games tho’…and the batteries last much longer than my Wii controller batteries.

If you want to use a GC controller with VC games that say they need the classic controller when they boot, you have to push A on the GC controller at that point, I think.

I think I had that problem. I think that virtual console games DON’T work with the WB.

Yeah I’m completely wrong here. I couldn’t get any GC games to work (think they’re fucking up somewhere along the line with the component video) but Super Metroid on VC was responding just fine. All I can figure is that someone (possibly me) fucked up getting one connected and everyone else took it for granted that the Wavebird really wasn’t compatible.

The wavebird works perfectly fine for both GC and VC games.

The classic controller, however, will not work with any GC games.

BUT … Wavebirds are no longer available at retail. I’ve been looking for some extras with no luck. Amazon sellers are asking for above-retail.

Several of them are available used at lansing area Gamestops. Have you checked your local game pawn shop?

Hey, it worked for Sony on the PS2…

There’s a compartment on the top of the Wii to plug in GCN controllers. You can remove the flap completely in order to accomodate the Wavebird reciever.

edit: helpful pic:

Bullshit. I use 2 wavebirds on my Wii just fine.

I can also use my Wavebird for VC titles just fine.

It’s entirely possible that the reciever and controller were set to different channels, which would be why they wouldn’t work for you.

The classic controller contains some mysteries. For one thing, the second stick and “secret click” on the shoulder buttons suggest that Gamecube compatibility was planned. I wonder if it’s technically possible for a firmware upgrade to allow that?

I’m sure we’re all glad we got a good look at your Wii, squeakyfoo. I must admit, it is quite helpful, not to mention impressive, what with those big knobs.

You really are lucky.

lol wut?

<HomerWhisper>I THINK HE’S GAY</HomerWhisper>