Wind River (2017) Written and Directed by Taylor Sheridan

I found some weaknesses in this film for me, but compare to the rest of “the best”, this is a worthwhile outing.

I did not like Renner in the role. I mean he did ok, but I think they needed someone more Earthy in the role. And there were moments where his several monologs did not connect.

I am actually surprised I cannot talk trash about Olsen’s acting. She did ok. The writing around it was a little odd, and imho several actions gave contradicting signals (which may have been intentional). Is she good and experienced, or is she naïve and clumsy?

For me the final gunfight, while cool did not make a lot of sense. Those guys had to of known ahead of time they were going to get caught. Especially after killing one of their own. They should have run, and then Renner could have played Hang 'Em High.

And at the very end, the graphic about missing persons. That was not the central message of the film, and so there is a decent disconnect between that and the scene that had just taken place (the conversation and theme was more about loss). No one was ever really “missing”, though some were dead. It should have been said by Olsen or Renner during the film and it would make more sense, and give you a chance to think about it.