Wireless router help needed

So I have a D-Link wireless router, the DIR-628 model. Because I have not been using the wireless, I disabled that. The problem is that I now need to turn it back on and can’t figure out how to do that. My google-fu seems to be weak.

Anyone know the steps to turn it back on?

Ha ha. Yes, I know how to do that. I just can’t figure out where to go to turn the wireless radio back on.

Edit: Never mind, figured it out.

Probably a page that looks like this and a setting that says “Enable Wireless” :
http://support.dlink.com/emulators/wbr2310/wireless.htm

If you are into the web gui it should be fairly easy to find a page allowing you to do so. Look for this guy:

Try selecting “enable wireless.”

So I found the page and turned it back on, but when I go to “save settings” the router seems to reboot or something (it disconnects from the internet then tells me its checking connection parameters or something, then reconnect) and puts me back at the login page with no changes saved. What am I missing? I’m logging in as the admin, to be clear.

Who knows? I’d nuke it to default and start over, because the wireless is active by default.

a. Write down any port forwarding settings, if any. If you don’t know what these are, don’t worry about them.
b. Hold the reset button for 15 seconds.

c. change the name and password on the router
d. re-enter the port forwarding entries.

Oh sure, the logical solution. I’m all about the complicated, unnecessarily difficult though.

;-)

try using a different browser i ran into the same problem using firefox ended up having to use explorer to get it to save

Yea, Firefox later than 3.0 does something stupid and causes issues with quite a few routers.