The American Dark Age (2016-2020) An archived history of the worst President ever

They could have cameras ready to walk in with the President, but if they can’t set them up in the building, it’s not an event. They’re not going to set time aside for something that might or might not happen. I imagine this is a hot topic at the networks right now, though. What do you do if Pelosi says no and the President says yes? Pelosi can bar the networks from entry.

Fox was talking yesterday about the possibility of having the SOTU be a rally instead. I mean what the every-living fuck. I think it was Trey Gowdy on the air at the time and he recommended that the President NOT do that.

If I were Trump I’d book DAR Hall now. He could probably get most of the Republican Congresscritters and the cabinet to attend, and on TV I doubt most people would know without being asked that it wasn’t the House chamber. The networks would cover it because it would be unprecedented.

Nah. He should just do it at a Hooters.

-xtien

It’s clearly going to be at the Old Post Office. Gotta charge the Congress for rooms and tiny bottles.

He can also just do it in the White House without an audience for the TV cameras (which Pelosi has pointed out.)

He can probably have it in the Senate chamber without any issue. (Won’t be enough room for everyone, though.)

What do you mean, “Everyone”?

-xtien

Normally State of the Union addresses are attended by both houses of Congress (including 435 House members and 100 Senators), the Cabinet, and the Supreme Court. The Senate chamber is too small for all those folks.

(If this was intended snark about Trump not caring about Dems, please disregard. ; )

It wasn’t snark. It was just a dumb joke/reference I always make when somebody says that word. Because I’m a dork.

Sorry!

-xtien

To address the chamber from the rostrum, he must be granted a motion to do so.

Pelosi’s response, fwiw:

It is like the first 2 years with GOP control was the weekend at divorced dad’s where he lets you do anything, and he makes you hang out with “tina” who smells like cigarettes.

And BOOM, that’s how you do it.

I like that strategy of forcing Trump to act like the baby he is.

DJT transitioning into Jacob Wohl due to the pressure.

He really is the American incarnation of Baghdad Bob, isn’t he.

“Doin’ great!”

Oh man, he’s definitely going to do a big rally instead, with the SOTU as the key warcry. What a shitshow.

34% shows a cracking in his previous approval floor (about 36%)