The American Dark Age (2016-2020) An archived history of the worst President ever

Pot calling the kettle black? Or just crazy irony?

Good lord. My poor mother is doing such hand-wringing about the dinner jokes. It was all I could do not to respond to her ridiculous assertion on FB that Conservative ChristiansTM are the most discriminated against group in America because of “most” of the liberal mass media.

Of course her FB is almost entirely populated by Fox News links. Geez. She is so smart. One of the best people I know. And she’s totally been conned by them.

During the election I posted what I thought was a respectful post aimed at my stepfather–who is a great guy–and my dad. It was Michelle Obama saying, “Because I can tell you that the men in my life do not talk about women like this.” I said that thanks to my father and stepfather, I was raised with those values as well.

My mom responded with something like, “You were also taught that corruption is bad and blah blah blah emails Hillary blah blah blah.”

I was gobsmacked.

So as hard as it is not to post a list of how disgusting our president is, and how they should stop rolling out the fainting couches because a COMEDIAN made some jokes…I just move on by.

And that’s why we’re never going to get anywhere close to closing this divide. Two reasonable people cannot talk because of propaganda.

Fucking Trump.

-xtien

What’s funny is that the fourth part of Michelle Wolf’s Sanders joke made it very, very clear – in case there was still any lingering ambiguity/doubt at that point – that the joke was not about appearances, and that’s the part of the joke that the snowflake press/GOP is consistently ignoring.

And I’m never really sure what to call Sarah Huckabee Sanders. You know, is it Sarah Sanders? Is Sarah Huckabee Sanders? Is it Cousin Huckabee? Is it Auntie Huckabee Sanders? Like, what’s Uncle Tom but for white women who disappoint other white women?

This is the spearhead of Wolf’s joke.

Here’s the substance of argument in the Concourse article spiffy linked. The opening makes it sound like it’s just a series of Chris Cillizza insults. (Not that there’s anything wrong with that.)

While Wolf was making fun of the media and Sanders, Trump was happy that people were booing Hispanics at his rally.
Like the entire race.

But let’s focus on Sanders being offended by being called the liar that she is or something. That’s the story apparently.

Except that the term “bullying” has been expanded to include any type of slight. If your little kid wasn’t invited to a birthday party, she’s being bullied. If he wasn’t invited to play a game…bullied.

The term is becoming meaningless by degrees. Trump, who is the ultimate douchebag bully, now gets to use the term when people call him, or his minions, on their shit.

Awesome.

-xtien

Having finally watched the Michelle Wolf bit, I think she is doing the Lord’s work. Some of her stuff was funny and some wasn’t. She kinda bombed here and there.

But she told SHS to her face: You are a liar. You are degrading us. You are the enemy.

All of which was simply to state the plain truth.

From the moment Trump descended his mighty escalator to call Mexicans rapists, he and his people relinquished the right to be treated with decorum and respect.

Anyone who is offended by Wolf’s routine? Fuck 'em in the ear. Fuck 'em in the other ear.

The SHS stuff was excellent, but the real money line for me was at the end where she told a room full of mainstream media shitheads that they are fully complicit in the creation of this trainwreck presidency.

Loved that bit too. And the little stinger: “Flint still has no clean water.” (Implied critique: why aren’t you assholes still covering that?)

/applause gif
well said

Which is probably the real reason they are butthurt over the whole thing.

Kick 'em when they’re up
Kick 'em when they’re down
Kick 'em when they’re stiff
Kick 'em all around

Plus, let’s not forget these are the people crying about it:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-doc-says-trump-bodyguard-lawyer-raided-his-office-took-n870351

Ummm.

Everything is maximally shady and stupid.

That seems like a HIPAA violation.

This theft of medical records happened a year ago; in September, Trump’s bodythug Keith Schiller left his master’s service. Since then, per Business Insider, he has been drawing a $15,000 a month salary from the RNC.

Good work if you can get it.

CNN confirms Bornstein says he did not sign a release…

https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/991410484988571648

In the strongest disclaimer ever, IANAL -

That said, would the patient need to bring a complaint for it to matter?

So, I bet I can now predict what CNN will spend all night talking about with their panels of experts.