Witchmarsh justs adds Cthulhu. And Bioware. And Metroid. And jazz.

Right? Imagine me going into a thread thinking, “oooh, what gem did @Telefrog unearth in a new post?” and see that it’s something I posted so long ago that I have no memory of it. And then scrolling down excited to discover that maybe it’s finally been released…

Ugh.

Six and counting!

-Tom

Still being worked on apparently!

9 years after backing this promising project, I received a KS update assuring that while Witchmarsh remains in development the duo of devs are planning to first release a short prologue called Tea Party of the Damned sometime in the interim before Witchmarsh proper escapes development hell. This mini-campaign will be free to all backers and progress will carry over into the full release. The also team disclosed they aren’t satisfied with the game’s combat yet, the main story content has only been 70% per cent implemented, and the game is “technically playable” - frankly, not super encouraging news but at least some form of progress is being made.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1027299776/witchmarsh/posts/3775715

And once again, I have no recollection of this and was excited to see what cool new game y’all had unearthed.

That’s three more on the pile!

Graphically, it looks like Risk of Rain. Pixel side-scroller with teeny tiny sprites.