Wolfenstein: The Old Blood takes B.J. back to World War II

At the start of Wolfenstein: The New Order, MachineGames put the player at the end of an alternate reality WWII. It was a smart way to ease players into a tutorial while setting up the story of a world in which the Third Reich would stand triumphant. The player, as B.J. Blazkowicz, would go on to battle the 1960’s Nazi regime, and the WWII antics would get left behind thanks to a convenient bout of catatonia. (Perhaps “inconvenient” would be more appropriate?) For those players that would’ve liked to have seen some more of Blazkowicz’ special forces wartime escapades, Wolfenstein: The Old Blood will take players back to 1946.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://www.quartertothree.com/fp/2015/03/04/wolfenstein-the-old-blood-takes-b-j-back-to-world-war-ii

Oh man. I know it's a pipe dream, but with those mountain castle maps so reminiscent of it, I'd really love it if they bolted on the RtCW multiplayer gameplay.

Is it possible to move this thread to the Games topic? I’m playing through it right now, and kind of enjoying it so far. I was amazed at how quickly they took my weapons away. Normally that doesn’t happen this quickly in games.

I’ve been moving anything that gets bumped, so anyone can feel free to bump an old postthread if they want me to scooch it into its appropriate subforum.

-Tom

I don’t usually get too meta but it seems weird to bump a frontpage post to talk about a game in general. Just use the game thread.

Ah, interesting. That didn’t come up in my search. This is the only thread I could find, which is why I posted in it.

Thanks for moving it, Tom!