World Cup 2010 (that's interesting)

One can only hope. Wondering if I should order an ‘ABF’ t-shirt.

ABI! Italy are the enemy! THE ENEMY!

Yeah, it’s frightening to see them playing like this. Euro teams are successful not always because they’re the most talented, but because they play in disciplined ways.

Brazil has the most World Cups because they usually field the most talented sides. However, now not only are their players more gifted…they’re finally playing in a disciplined system (which may piss off the Brazilian purests), which negates the greatest advantage that Euro teams normally enjoyed.

4 World Cups…;) Enemy is doing well, thank you.

Just on this (sorry for the derail), but if anyone is planning on being in Wellington NZ during / for the RWC next year, consider this an open invitation to lunch with Calistas and myself (and anyone else we can rope in).

Preliminary rosters were released yesterday. Any comments? I was bummed Charlie Davies couldn’t make it back from injury for the US but not that surprised. Not sure why they are taking another look at Robbie Findley as he hasn’t shown anything in previous play.

It’s no surprise Davies isn’t on the roster. Sad but perfectly reasonable. However the USA clearly lacks any depth at forward. Past Altidore it’s just a bunch of streaky MLS gambles. We’ll probably need our midfield to do the job yet again. The English mob is already crowing.

I just hope Brian Ching makes it.

Hell no. Altidore and Buddle (or possibly Herculez Gomez) as the forwards if we’re playing 4-4-2.

I love Altidore. I hope he sets the world on fire in this tournament.

Stranger things have happened, but he hasn’t even set the KC Stadium on fire. I wouldn’t hold your breath. Dempsey and Donovan on the other hand…

Well, that’s a biggie for Germany: Michael Ballack is injured and definitely will not be able to play the World Cup.

EDIT: English article.

Nike’s official ad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idLG6jh23yE

ESPN does a Honduras themed add “One game changes everything”.
Pretty good. Gave me shivers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHlN3AnAyNo

Juan, that spanks the nike one all over the park; and not just because the nike one features rooney and ronaldo.

Wait, the story of how Honduras qualified thanks to a last-minute goal scored by a different team in a different game is supposed to be inspiring? Wow, why haven’t they made that into a movie yet? Oh well, something for them to watch after their team gets knocked out in the first round I suppose.

HAH!
man that made me laugh out loud

As opposed to an advert featuring people paid more in a day than I earn in a year, paid on top of that to wear a pair or shoes, pretending to be poor by being filmed with a fake beard in a caravan.

meh…

Welcome to the CONCACAF.

If you don’t like the idea of watching the world’s elite players demonstrate why they’re able to earn so much more than you you’d better stay away from the whole tournament, not just the glittery ads. There’s plenty of amateur football available on some of the higher-numbered cable channels.