World Cup 2018 - No Match Discussions

I’m in. North Macedonia to win it all!

I’m disappointed Iceland didn’t qualify this year. The five sub rule would have given them the chance to shatter their own record, set against Austria at Euro 2016, of putting out 14 players whose names all ended in “son.”

They’d previously only managed 13 “sons” thanks to surname-rebel Eidur Gudjohnsen.

I submitted my picks. The groups are interesting in that, unlike in World Cup 2018, it was actually possible for me to pick two teams from each “real” group this time, which I appreciated. It will let me root for 2 teams out of each group as a result.

Note that the top 4 3rd placed teams also qualify for the next round.

Just a reminder that there is still time for people to enter the pool, and entry is free. Right now we have 10 people. If we get at least 12 people I will break it down into three pools of 4 with each winner getting a prize. This way I can make sure that I can minimize, as much as possible, how many similar picks there are.

I would like join. I do not know much about the teams so this will be fun.

Glad to have you join, Seppey.

You had me at free. I’ll PM you my picks.

So we currently have 12 people who have submitted picks. I have created four groups of three. If I made the groups larger it ran the risk of having duplicate picks for all picks or having only one team different. As it is, there is one group where two entries only have three teams different. This means there will be four winners.

There is still time for more entries of course and as needed I’ll create extra groups.

I won’t post the picks until kick-off in case anyone wants to make last minute changes.

I’m thinking that further posts from me will be in the Euro 2020 thread.