World Cup 2022

Memo saves!

Thatā€™s right. Theyā€™re only being consistent.

Holy shit! Penalty saved!

Ochoa will never have to buy hair product in Mexico again.

Looked like a poor pen, not in the corner. Keeper guessed right and got a good strong hand on it. Would be nice if we could get a replay though, maybe once thereā€™s a break in play

Edit: yup, way too close to the keeper with that penalty

Good save from Szczesny Hawks

With Lewandowski, this is like a big FM2022 match and youā€™re getting bossed and you look and see your best player at a 4.8 for the match.

Agreed, but in his defense the Polish team are creating nothing at all. Heā€™s ā€˜feeding on scrapsā€™ as they say. But that penalty was really poor from a player at his level, way too close to the keeper.

Not just the pen, but other plays heā€™s not made as well. Passes heā€™s had the chance to make in a potential counter that go nowhere and fizzle things outā€¦getting back to help on defense and clearing the ball right to the feet of an opposing player 10 yards away. Poland needs more than that from him.

Iā€™ve never really rated his link up play, heā€™s more of a pure finisher. In a side that dominates heā€™s lethal as they make chances and heā€™s a master at taking those chances. He doesnā€™t have the range of passing and vision that say Harry Kane has, so he always looks a bit pedestrian when getting the ball a bit deeper.

But you are spot on with the sentiment that Poland need more from him, heā€™s been a passenger for the most part today.

In other news it looks as though Manchester United have cut ties with Ronaldo. Wonder will he feel like he has something to prove in this tournament now.

The Argentines will be celebrating if this match ends a draw.

0-0 is some real sister kissing for these two teams. One of them is probably going home and neither one seemed to play with urgency.

Argentina vs Mexico as the next game in the group could be wildly entertaining.

Hey, this plan is still possible! Go Saudi Arabia, get two draws!

Unfortunately, after watching that game, Iā€™m thinking Argentina maybe wonā€™t be able to find a way to score against Poland. Their defense really looked impenetrable.

Meanwhileā€¦

I thought the Polish back line looked awfully scrambled for most of the match. At times they were organized and handled their business, but they had some moments where lady luck intervened.

There were a couple of times where I saw them playing a flat 6 across the back at the top of the penalty area, with three about 10 yards in front of that. I donā€™t think theyā€™re strong enough to play that way throughout the group stage.

CRICKEY! THE SOCCEROOOS

OH MY!

Well then. Game on!