World of Warcraft: Dragonflight - 11-28-22

That’s their MO. They fix it about 3 months before the whole thing ends.

Indeed, that’s the year+ it takes them to make a correction. This is why you typically see quick bandaids in patch x.1 and larger systemic fixes in x.2.

That’s their fault. They were not interested in alpha/beta feedback on design at all, at any level. Golden Kings don’t listen to plebs. Beta testers were there to find bugs, period. Maybe they should have changed that and started listening earlier, eh?

I am curious if the covenant system launching with DF is the designed system, or if it was a double-down on the Shadowlands system.

Also, my reaction to Shadowlands early on was “this is horrible.” I got one character to 60 and was all “I’m good.” and just stopped playing for months before I unsubbed.

I also think they go wrapped up with the whole MDI Meta is Bettah thing.

I mean, the real problem with the endgame is just how inaccessible it can be. That video is perfectly accurate to how min-max the culture of WoW is, and how not being min-max just means you are a bad player. Bad players don’t get groups, and don’t get to play.

This is all their own fault though, as they cater towards that audience with loads of e-sports-ification of the product. World first races, arena tournaments, mythic + dungeon keystone contests.

They are tuning the game around this crowd in a major way, and while they understand it is broken, it has to be broken for them to run the game the way they have been around all of the twitch events and e-sports events.

I don’t think there are any serious e-sports style events for FF14? That game is much more about collection and collaboration, there are pvp and serious raiding elements to grind, but that isn’t where the developer is putting their emphasis.

It might just be that WoW isn’t the game you are I want to play anymore. I bought the x-pac, because I enjoy leveling and seeing the excellent world design and content and music. I will have fun riding a dragon, and maybe even do the first raid tier on normal for fun.

But then, I will just fall off as usual, maybe come back for a major patch here or there, but not stick with it, not like I did back in the day. Maybe I am just older now, and can’t deal with making a game a 2nd job, but that is it.

Well, launch is going about as expected, which is to say it’s a shitshow. World server is down, instance not found, boats are hard, etc.

Blizz should be breaking out the bullshit “we’re being DDOS’d” excuse any time, now.

It’s hard to get into raid groups but with the dungeon finder you can run 5-mans. And the BGs are just random so you get into those as well. And there’s solo grinding for mats for crafting and other things. There’s stuff to do but the raid gear is locked away.

I get tired of all that stuff though. I put far too many hours into WoW and I’m burnt out on it other than playing the content in a new Xpac. I don’t think I’ll even get this new one until it goes on sale for a bargain price. The dragon stuff doesn’t do much for me.

All the big streamers seem to have been playing from the start. Meanwhile I haven’t been able to get in at all, despite being on and ready to go before the launch time. Really annoying.

I was able to get in, but I’m stuck waiting on the zeppelin to the isles. It hasn’t shown up for a couple hours now.

There’s supposed to be a portal somewhere around there that will take you also. I can’t even get in at all though. Was there for the first zeppelin but it dropped all of us on the ground and never came back.

I had the portal on one char but it wasn’t there on another. Must have been a different instance of SW.

Played like an hour of DF this morning before work. Enjoying the “adventurers in a strange land” vibe so far.

Dragonriding is decent. But when you run out of dragongas it very much suuucks.

I am enjoying it so far. It feels much more like WoW than the last couple of expansions. I am also in a new guild that is much larger than any I’ve been in before. Yeah, I was stuck on the dock waiting for a boat that finally came after a 1+ hour wait. But once I arrived, it’s been fun ever since.

2004/2005 intensifies

Tried to play a little just now but the 10 second lag looting corpses is just too much for me. Others don’t seem to be having that issue though.

No lag for me this evenin.

Just got to the dragon riding part

Oh god.

Don’t talk to the Dwarf at the ruby pools if you aren’t ready to cry.

The writing in this expansion is probably the best it has been in a while.

I still need to get the expansion. My plan to wait a bit for the servers to stabilize dovetailed with me getting a massive cold! Planning for the win!

I think it helps with the storyline given a clean slate. The 3 xpac (more honestly) arc of Sylvanas is finally over.