why don’t you contact them?

Registrant Contact:
asd saasd
asdsa dsa asdsa dsa 210055 at qq.com
+86.04123231060 fax: +86.04123231060
asdsadsad
sasadsadsa Liaoning 114500
CN

It bugs me that one simple solution to this problem is just basic authentication - why not require someone to give some govt id before they can get a domain name? Just make it a little more fucking difficult for them…

Love the fact that their domain name is qq :-)

I checked my spam folder for kicks, and found a bunch of Runescape phishing too. How many people still play that?

I was just about to say that it was probably accidental, and then realized that as it’s the only usage of q in the whole thing, it’s probably not…

Good point.

I’ve always thought it was a scam, but because of the frequency of the emails and the lack of response from actual blizzard when I’ve gone to their site I wasn’t sure.

1. I care because I get some version of this email 2 times a week. Even though I’ve marked it as junk.

2. I care because I’ve contacted Blizzard and they’ve never once said. Don’t worry about it. It’s a scam.

3. I care because I do play starcraft and I don’t want my battle.net account closed.

Blizzard will never send you an email like that, and in general a company/service provider will never ask for your password.

That’s the actual company trying to scam you into playing the game again.

To be fair, they have a Guinness World’s Record to maintain. (Warning, that link is not safe for life, fucking bug-eyed monster on the other side).

The largest free MMORPG by userbase is the browser-based fantasy title RuneScape (Jagex, 2001) which has 175,365,991 registered users as of November 23 2010.

registered users

Uh, yeah…I somehow feel that many Korean free MMOs by far surpassed this number.

So how many con-current users does Runescape has, 20?

Why doesn’t this thread have dinosaurs already?

The easiest way to check this, if for some reason you had a wow account, is to go to the battle.net site , not the link, and log in.

I stress that you should not search for battle net but instead type it in yourself… Google has been snafu’d several times with phishing sites getting the first hit.

If there is a problem , you will suddenly know it. Otherwise go on with your life.
That is really the only thing that can be added to the above great advice already given.

The dinosaurs are now extinct. Due to rising mammalian superiority, ponies and otters are now the lords of this domain.