Worst thing you'll see all week: Those Who Wish Me Dead

Title Worst thing you'll see all week: Those Who Wish Me Dead
Author Tom Chick
Posted in Movie reviews
When May 25, 2021

We can't be letting city-slicker criminals murder kids out in the woods.  It's just not right.  Fortunately, there are salt-of-the-earth outdoorsman types doing their part, some of whom are even ladies!  I consider this a subgenre in thrillers..

Read the full article

Hey, now you’ve got me thinking of this particular sub-genre too! I remember a pretty good movie from the late 80s, I think, starring Tom Berenger and Sidney Poitier - the former is some kind of outdoorsy kind of guy, and Poitier I think is an FBI agent. They have to track a killer into the wilderness, and together they’re a wacky pair! Oh and I think the bad guy was the mopey fellow who likes dogs and dies pretty early in The Thing.

Ah, Shoot to Kill!

I’ve never seen it, but it’s a Roger Spottiswood movie, so it’s probably some primo 80s filmmaking.

-Tom

How could I forget Clancy Brown? But yeah, those genre movies do have a particular naming pattern don’t they? Remember folks, when you run into Those Who Wish Me Dead, make sure to Shoot to Kill!

Tom, as you said you like corrections: The man is called Nicholas Hoult.

The pinnacle of the genre for me was Hard Target.

I love that movie. “What kind of name is Chance?”
“My mama took one.”

I might have never known that. I suppose next you’re going to tell me he’s a Brit.

-Tom

Your review was so entertaining I now want to watch this lol.

Now I want to watch “Blood Money”.

This review is hilarious!

your best bet is to click the link below

I clicked the Amazon link, but it took me to the Amazon homepage?

Corrections:
“whatnot[.]”

Yeah, that was real good. Matt Gaetz’ Venmo got a good cackle out of me. It’s also lovely when you get to poke a movie with its own title.

I’ve seen a few of Sheridans movies, but I had no idea who he was. Wind River was a real surprise for me, I went in expecting it to be movie of the week type stuff, but I loved it. It’s a shame he couldn’t keep that streak going.

Just watched it, this is an ok entry into the “city slicker-criminals stopped by outdoors people/6 months pregnant woman” thriller-subgenre. Taylor Sheridan still got some credits left, earned with that Wind River shootout and Sicario.

I really enjoyed this today, though I may require a Taylor Sheridan addition recovery program.

I also assumed that Angelina was Lara Croft in this, especially with that end fight scene.