Would you like to play a game of #WarGames via Her Story?

Title Would you like to play a game of #WarGames via Her Story?
Author Nick Diamon
Posted in News
When March 14, 2018

https://youtu.be/s0LQ5Xpc3AA

Sam Barlow, creator of the much-lauded 2015 Her Story mystery game, has released his interactive media update to WarGames…

Read the full article

Oh, wow, I had no idea this was coming out so soon.

I tried it. I got bored. The videos are amateur quality. It seems like they had problems syncing up the different videos; there’ll be two windows with two people having a telephone/skype conversation, with LONG pauses between lines of dialogue. The interactivity is minimal. The story is far-fetched and not very engaging.

On the other hand, once it was over it automatically started playing the “#TWM” series of interactive videos. These were actually kind of funny. The lead actress is charming (if maybe not great at acting drunk, which she is called on to do several times), and the seven videos actually form a story. The interactivity is still gimmicky and not that interesting, but they do lead to different endings. And they’re short!

(I guess she is a TV actress who has done a bunch of stuff, but I’d never seen her before. Vork from The Guild shows up briefly in one episode!)