Wow, kidney stones

Geez man, you ok?

That’s horrible. I hope you get through it quickly.

If ypthey happen to switch you to IV Diladuid it might do to you what it does to me - inability pee at higher doses which makes the whole stone issue even worse.

No, It’s still working it’s way down through the pipe – a 2mm stone. Not too big as these things go; no need for surgery or special steps. I’m back home and the oxycodone isn’t as good as the morphine, but I can sleep. It could take a day to “pass” or a week, but I imagine I’m a fairly-typical two-day case.

The worst thing about the whole ER visit is that the CT scan that showed the stone on my left side ALSO showed a 3mm stone on the right side. A stone that might work its way down today or tomorrow… or sit in place for fifty years.

I think I have a kidney stone, Saturday night 1am in absolute agony but it went away after a few hours and was all fine on Sunday. Sunday night had tea and 3 hours later agony again in the Kidney area. Went away at 6am this morning.

Wasn’t really sure what it was and have been fine all day but again now the pain is agony, went to a Pharmacist and went through a check up and he said likely Kidney Stones. Taking Codine for it at the moment and shall try my Dr’s tomorrow. Maybe it will pas quickly but man is it painful

If you’re in agony get yourself to A&E.

8 hour wait currently, gonna call my drs at 8am and hope to get bypassed straight in for treatment

Good luck!

Are kidney stones at all connected to gout?

Probably? Both seem to be accruing minerals.

Folks with gout are thought to have a higher likelihood of kidney stones, at least the ones related to ureic acid, which is what causes gout.

If you start peeing blood go to ER ASAP. When I had mine in in October, wow was it awful. It felt like I’d been kicked in the testicle, and punched in the kidney at the same time. Ended up having a stone that blocked off my entire ureter. So horrible.

The problem with your first kidney stone is you don’t really know what is going on. You don’t know what it causing the pain or why.

On my first stone, I lived on the pain meds until my lithotripsy procedure. I didn’t take any more pain meds after the lithotripsy, even though it felt my I’d been beat with a baseball bat from my waist to my shoulders. That pain was so much more bearable than the kidney stone.

At least your kidneys all still work ;)