X Rebirth

Let me put it this way: until you see an expansion with a feature list that says “New Feature: Completely redesigned the whole game”, you’re probably best staying away. I have no details regarding the expansion but unless it’s tearing up the old game and replacing it with something new, it’s just adding a dash or two of spice to a particularly awful shit sandwich.

I know that internet discussions are prone to exaggeration and hyperbole but I assure you I am indulging in neither. The game as it now cannot be patched and tweaked into something worth either your time or money. It needs to be bulldozed and rebuilt.

Kevin is right. Thank you, Kevin.

So; X: Rebirth will get an expansion X:Rebirth:Rebuilt maybe :-)

I feel exactly the opposite. Game is great fun.

Is it? Might you elaborate please as to why it’s apparently both great and fun?

That is the first time I’ve heard that opinion voiced. I don’t say that in an attempt to discredit you, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just find it surprising. I’m with Brian, it’d be great if you could detail your experiences and what you are enjoying in the game.

Metacritic (boo, hiss!) has it at a 33/100 and the Steam reviews are “Mostly negative”, so I’m definitely interested in hearing a positive perspective, they are hard to find.

Nope, I’ve given up any hope I had of them turning it into a good game.

It produces some decent desktop wallpapers though, right? At least there’s that?! Please???!

Are…you okay man? Do you need to sit down? Is there someone you can call?

Oh! Oh! The X-Rebirth DLC just released a couple days ago, but Elite Dangerous releases today! I’m not sure what to play!!

----SARCASM: DISENGAGED----

Seriously, they choose now to roll out DLC to their shitty space game?

I’m not going back to it at the moment, but 3.0 and the DLC look good actually. There might be a game there now.

–edit-- deleted. lol, I forgot what forum I was in! --/edit–

But it’s better! giggle Honestly! snerk What, I’m not laughing!

You know if I was currently bored with my current games and had a strong desire to play a space sim, I wouldn’t mind checking it out (it’s free for me, after all). It just seems to be terrible timing to release it right as Elite: Dangerous because I honestly have no idea why on earth I’d load up X: Rebirth right now. Releasing it a month ago or a couple months from now seems like it would have been the better bet, if they were trying to get their fans back.

To be fair, they’re giving the DLC away for free to current owners of the game. I still haven’t purchased it, and just missed out on the $5 fire sale at Best Buy. That said, if I can find it <$10 then I’ll give it a shot at this point.

Yeah, it might be worth $10 of comedy.

It’s fair, it’s just horrible timing, IMO. :)

Very funny. Oh wait, not its not. Children like you should stick to CoD or something.

Egosoft could’ve just easily abandoned the game after release. They didnt. Elite dangerous looks pretty dull in comparison actually.

Oh look, he’s back!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHA

No, if Egosoft had abandoned this mess, no one would ever buy a game from them ever again. They didn’t do this out of the goodness of their hearts, but to cover their own asses.

While this is true, I still don’t find it funny. I loved the X series; and its failure in Rebirth was never amusing, only a serious bummer. I hope it becomes a decent game and that the next iteration (if there is one) is great.

Meanwhile, I’ll be learning this Elite: Dangerous thing. :)