Age of Mythology: Okay, who's got it?

Anyone who’s up for a game, drop me a line: [email protected].

I’m really happy with the whole online stats stuff. It tracks all your games, your favorite unit, the average amount of wood you gather, yadda, yadda, yadda. Kind of like UTStats, but for an RTS. Does Warcraft III do this (I don’t have it installed or I’d check myself)?

-Tom

No, WC3 tracks your record, the races you play with, your most common partners… that’s about it.

Just got it. Haven’t installed it yet. Will get back to you once I get the basics down.

BTW, I got it at EB (I pre-ordered it) and it came with an extra Scenario Disc. Was this an exclusive or do most people get it when they get the game?

No, WC3 tracks your record, the races you play with, your most common partners… that’s about it.

Amazingly enough, you are wrong again. I have to admit, I didn’t think it was possible. Kudos to you, sir!

http://www.battle.net/war3/ladder/

Tom, is this the turn-based game we played a few times?

Peon.

Stop trying, will you? What do those have to do with your INDIVIDUAL records, a la UTStats?

Yeah, wumpus is missing the point.

Whenever you log in to Ensemble Online, you have an amazing amount of stats at your fingertips. Not only for the games you’ve played, but also for everyone else. You can do a name search and basically persuse someone else’s detailed history, right down to the postgame debriefing for each of their games!

For instance, you can look up TChick and see the lowdown on the two stunning victories and one humiliating defeat I’ve enjoyed since the game came out. For some reason, my first game, a victory, wasn’t recorded. :(

Very cool.

And, Steiner, no, this isn’t a turn based game. You’re thinking of Age of Wonders 2. Age of Mythology is a real time strategy game in the tradition of Age of Empires.

-Tom

Egad! Alert the media, it’s an unprecedented event :lol:

Anyway, I’m going to run to the store tomorrow and try to get myself a copy. They’re supposed to get some, but we’ll see =]

Whenever you log in to Ensemble Online, you have an amazing amount of stats at your fingertips. Not only for the games you’ve played, but also for everyone else. You can do a name search and basically persuse someone else’s detailed history, right down to the postgame debriefing for each of their games!

Hey, which is exactly what you can do on battle.net, if you had bothered to type in a name in the “player search” textbox at the bottom. I know, I know, it’s tedious to have to actually DO anything, so just click here and learn.

http://www.battle.net/war3/ladder/war3-player-profile.aspx?Gateway=Azeroth&PlayerName=spunkymuffin

Also, there’s these things I like to call “hyperlinks” that generate a ton of stats about each player. Look for them at the top of the page, and CLICK ON THEM. Please. Because my creamy white hands are tired from all this typing.

Look at that… those are… exactly the same stats I listed that War 3 features. Of course, those stats don’t say how much wood you harvested, what your favorite unit is, etc.

Sadly, apparently Wumpus is right.

http://www.battle.net/war3/ladder/war3-game-detail.aspx?Gateway=Azeroth&GameID=6845109

Check that out… it’s for a specific game.

Regardless of any wumpusianisms, it’s still very cool. When you log onto ESO, it’s all right there in front of you. And I really like the little factoids, like your favorite god and unit.

I didn’t remember whether Warcraft III did that (I only played a few online games before giving up in disgust), which is why I asked. But I do know one thing: Total Annihilation didn’t do that. Did it, wumpus? Ha!

-Tom

Sorry wump, you’re still wrong.

Like you said, that’s for a specific match, not all those advanced player stats that AoM offers. Keep chirping. :lol:

I didn’t remember whether Warcraft III did that (I only played a few online games before giving up in disgust), which is why I asked.

You and Jakub make a fine team; neither one of you is about to let mere ignorance keep you from having an opinion. I gotta admire that.

“Of course, those stats don’t say how much wood you harvested, what your favorite unit is, etc.”

Just a simple question. Who cares how much wood someone collects?

But TA had Boneyards for a while! A virtual war! you could play either core or arm and fight rts battles to win planets on a strategic map… though really it was just a reason to play online only mainly.

etc

Who cares what your accuracy is, or why you prefer the ASMD shock rifle over the rocket launcher?

You do.

If you get really good, so do the people who want to know how you play do.

Aww… wumpy, you can’t answer my points anymore? Hush honey.

Boneyards sucked, actually. I tried it for a bit and got disgusted with the senselessness of it all. :(

Sorry wump, you’re still wrong.

Like you said, that’s for a specific match, not all those advanced player stats that AoM offers. Keep chirping. :lol:[/quote]

Did you actually click the links? AoM might offer more stats but that was not what your original post stated. From battle.net you will find how many heroes you’ve made, how many items you’ve obtained, total gold/wood, average gold/wood per minute and much more. You will also find an overview of the maps by the race you played in terms of win/loss and average length.

I think you will only have detailed reports for games played when you’re over level 10 though.