Neverwinter Nights completed. Verdict?

Just finished Neverwinter Nights! Woo-hoo. Time to shave the grotesque beard I’ve grown since first diving in…

Who else here has completed the game? Thoughts? I really enjoyed the living shit out of it. Call me nuts, I may have liked Arcanum more (I’m going to have to sleep on it to be sure). Am I smoking crack?!

-Vederman

Yes, folks, he is. And I should know. He’s using me as a crack pipe. Three weeks ago he hollowed me out (don’t ask), drilled a small hole in my head and inserted one of the Krazy Fun Straws from his old dual-beer hat. He’s been on a crack binge ever since. My loins are on fire, literally - not like when you guys look at photos of Jessica Alba in Maxim. OH, THE SIMIANITY!

And by the way, that wasn’t even “Neverwinter Nights” he’s been playing, it was Atari’s “Adventure”, you know, with the dragon that looks like a duck? Please, someone get this man some help…he is in charge of America’s Best Selling PC Games Magazine. Think of the innocent children he could coerce into smoking from monkey nuts, with just a few words in his “Gaming Gear” sidebar! HELP ME!

WHOA! Dueds is crazy!@!

After reading Coconut Monkey’s response to Greg, I’m gonna reach back to the 1990’s and use one of these: LMFAO.

Ok, that was pretty good.

At least puff, puff, pass, Vederman. Stop bogarting the Coconut Monkey.

• Balut

That’s fine…do nothing. But remember what has been so famously said about silence: “When George Jones nattered endlessly about puppies and smoking weed, I said nothing…because his column got cancelled anyway. Then Jeff Green rambled on about getting his ass kicked at Dungeon Siege by his infant daughter and shooting smack, and I said nothing…because really, nobody reads his column since he’s too dang old to relate to. Then Greg Kasavin waxed poetic about Neverwinter Nights (sic) and smoked crack out of his beloved coconut monkey mascot, and I said nothing…because I thought the coconut monkey was just a puerile in-joke and people only read PC Gamer for the exclusive reviews of games that haven’t even gone gold yet. Then I wrote this, and by the time I got to the end I had completely forgotten my point.”

What the hell do I know, I’m just a coconut monkey full of crack.

Wow. I think you speak for all of us, man.

For the record, I did drill a hole in Coconut Monkey, but it wasn’t so I could smoke crack out of him…

Jungle love. Oh-E-Oh-E-Oh.

Dare I ask, did anyone besides me even play Arcanum, let alone finish it? Billy Harms, you don’t have to answer that, I know you played it through.

Man, talk about an underrated game. That’s what I’m screamin’.

-Vede

That red dragon was a bitch.

Oh, you reveal our secret love so easily, like it was a MAD fold-in. I bet that videotape you made wasn’t “just for our personal use” either. I am truly hurt. I thought you had feelings for me, but I was just another food item with a creamy soft center to you, like key lime pie, or an underdone meatloaf. Perhaps I was a fool to expect more from some community college English major who trepanned my skull with a Dremel. You have compromised more than just my structural integrity, Kasavin.

But I will have my revenge, and it will be pleasantly coconut-scented!

Heaven forfend! In my lovesick rage I have accused the wrong Qt3er. Make that VEDERMAN. Ye gods, I would go slit my wrists now, but I have no hands. Oh how I suffer the torments of hell…it’s like playing Trespasser all over again, but without all the crates!

Coconut Sparky?

I’ll have you know that I kept a very respectable 2.63 GPA while at community college, and of the two of us, CM, at least I can remember the name of last man who touched my privates… or, something. Oh god…

-Vede

Nope. What that man wants to do with his monkey-shaped legume is none of my business. Also, I hate monkeys. Now, I am not sure if coconuts are actually legumes or not (I do not have my copy of “The Game Reviewer’s Guide To Fruits, Legumes And Non-Legumes, In Color, Edited By Jeff Green” handy), but “monkey-shaped legume” sure sounds funny.

I played Arcanum Greg, I thought it was all right. I think Sones is the fan you really want to talk to though.

Greg,

I’m about halfway through and I’ve switched to Warcraft III for now. I got really tired of opening/detrapping/lockpicking boxes, crates, barrels, doors, chests, desks, armoires, etc., and the dialog trees were beginning to get to me also.

I’m sure I’ll get back to it soon, but the tedium of the above made me reach my boredom threshold.

I was racking my brain, trying to figure out why they felt it necessary to put at least TWO TREASURE CONTAINERS PER ROOM.

Did they do it so party members would always have a shot at getting at least one container? Do they think this little of parties?

Don’t even get me started on how 90% of the containers are worthless, too. Oh, having one chest with 500 gold is too easy! We must spread that gold among one hundred frickin’ barrels!

I stopped completely with the chests and barrels. There’s never anything crucial in them (I hope) and they were getting on my nerves.
I’m playing a Paladin, you see, and thus I am well above such concerns. Really, I’m not annoyed at all. I’m not even concerned about what I might be missing!!!

I’m role-playing

Heh. Yeah, many contain trash, essentially. Some rooms, like the library rooms, will contain 4-5 things that have to be opened. Once I’m there, it’s hard for me to not check everything, but it sure does get a bit tedious after awhile.

I also wish quest items would just appear in your inventory along with a screen message telling you that you received a quest item. I had one sidequest where I needed the monster’s heart, but by the time I got around to doing it, I had forgotten it was a quest. The heart was this tiny pixel laying on the ground and I was tired of picking up worthless monster parts at that point. I left it and later was going through my quest journal and realized I had killed the monster but didn’t have the heart. I had to go back and find it. Kind of irritating.