Mystery Missile Launch outside Los Angeles

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2010/11/mystery-missile-launch-los-angeles-no-threat-national-security.html

News chopper caught a missile soaring into the sky about 35 miles out to sea outside LA. Pentagon and the Feds are both stumped. They’re saying they didn’t launch anything yesterday. So, best guesses people!

Here’s one: Skyline viral marketing gone amok!!!

Oops, wrong button. My bad.

Jeeze, how much Diet Coke and Mentos did the Mythbusters use??

Missile off the California coast, no threat to national security. I try to bring nail clippers on a plane and our nation is at risk. What if there was nail clippers on that missile!

Umm, all of it, I think.

President Merkin Muffley: How is it possible for this thing to be triggered automatically and at the same time impossible to untrigger?

Dr. Strangelove: Mr. President, it is not only possible, it is essential. That is the whole idea of this machine, you know. Deterrence is the art of producing in the mind of the enemy… the FEAR to attack. And so, because of the automated and irrevocable decision-making process which rules out human meddling, the Doomsday machine is terrifying and simple to understand… and completely credible and convincing.

I guess we should have listened to Jor-El.

So it’s a complete mystery who shot it and why, but the feds are comfortable saying it’s no threat. That’s a curious position.

Or they know what’s going on but don’t want to talk about it.

Today Mr Blofeld of Spectre Industries proudly announced the launch of a new communications satellite.

and in other news, reports that the International Space Station is no longer in communication with ground control have yet to be confirmed.

That’s the weird thing. If the Feds/Mil wanted to have a covert launch, I can think of about a million better places on Earth where to launch it than within sight of Los Fricking Angeles.

There’s nothing to worry about.

Have we accounted for the Earth’s dolphins? Could someone get on that please?

This is Glenn Beck’s event, you realize. Sigh.

What the hell is that stuff on his shirt?

Experts are currently in agreement that the most likely launch origin site was the Californian wilderness. Sasquatch has the bomb.

Furry microphone covers.

Surely you can’t be serious!

Those are microphone windscreens.

On a slightly serious note: was that a military helicopter that was briefly on screen near the launch point?

Those are external brain packs.

Edit: Shit, EVERYONE wants to set Miramon straight.