Xbox 360 and PS3 get Williams Collection + Bonus

I went into Gamestop looking for it yesterday and they still had no listing for it.

EBX / GameStop currently list it as shipping next week:

Hope it really does appear next Wednesday.

Diego

Annnnnnnnnnd now it’s back to $29.99 for the 360 at Amazon. Come on, ECA, hurry up and generate more codes!

It seems to have slipped again. Ebx and amazon now show it shipping 9/22.

Not sure I’d trust either at this point.

Diego

Amazon’s held steady at September 22 since the first slip from the 8th, so I’m betting that’s real. Amazon’s price for the 360 version, however, continues to fluctuate. Make sure you catch it when it’s $29.99.

The game shipped to me this morning from Amazon. Yay!

They’re still giving me an estimated delivery of 9/25 :(

9/28 for me, that’s what I get for going the cheap ass route and trying to save a few bucks on shipping.

I hate myself sooooo much.

I got the same confirmation an hour ago. I also had an estimated delivery of Friday, but it will be here tomorrow!!!

Looks like I’ll get mine on Weds :)

So the game has leaderboards, but you apparently can’t filter them by your friends list. Awesome game, but this seems like a significant problem to me, and I don’t trust Crave to issue a patch for it.

Lame. Every game that has a score should follow Geometry Wars 2’s excellent example, no excuses.

My order still shows “Shipping Soon,” estimated 9/28. No e-mail notification yet.

Did y’all see there’s a new Pinball FX table for download? The physics in that game are an atrocity, but it will have to tide me over until Williams arrives.

I just got the “your order has shipped” email from Amazon ETA 9/25.

Huzzah.

Played this for a bit today. They have 84 pages (one sentence each) of written/voiced instructions for the first table, Medieval Madness. I read/listened to that, and then started the game. I like it a lot! My only complaint with the game so far is that there is a huge dragon in the top right of the table, and none of the camera choices provide an angle so that I can see the ball in that area when it’s behind the dragon. Only the instructions page provides a camera angle to see back there when explaining what I have to do back there, but there’s no camera during play that lets me see the area. That’s a minor nitpick though.

I think the only thing you need up there is to light the two bonus multiplier channels. And even though you’ll never be able to see the left one, you should be able to see if the right one is lit pretty much all the time, which is all you absolutely need.

EDIT: I had much more of an issue with the camera on No Good Gofers. I never played the table in real-life, so I don’t have a good grasp on what’s actually going on in that upper playfield. Is there some sort of gap and transparent balcony up there? It doesn’t really translate well to 3D overhead views.

Mine arrived today from Amazon! Yayyy!

The variety and quality of these tables is astounding. Just amazing. I had no idea anybody could take such a small space and simple concept and have such a variety of good designs out of it.

A warning to those thinking there are any easy achievements to be had in this game: I don’t think there are any. Each table has a set of basic goals, and only when you get them all in a single game do you get the goal achievement for a table. They also have an achievement for “Wizard Goals” for each table, but I’m not sure what those are, since they haven’t explained them within the game yet. Maybe I’ll look at the manual for the game tonight. Maybe it has an explanation.

Yes. This picture might help:

Check out www.ipdb.org for lots of other pics of pins.

I don’t know what the deal is, but I pwned:

• Black Knight
  • Space Shuttle

The rest of the tables I did OK, some kicked my ass, but wtf with these two? Are they really that easy? I actually stopped playing Space Shuttle because I got bored at about 5 million.

On my first pass in freeplay I ended up with about 130 credits, whee!

Fantastic, wonderful game with lots of great tables. Makes me wish they had a native (not original Xbox) Gottleib collection reissue. Although that runs on the 360 fine, it’s “only” 640p.