Xbox 360 and PS3 get Williams Collection + Bonus

Back in an old thread extolling the virtues of the Williams Hall of Fame pinball collection, I think a couple 360 and PS3 owners were a bit disappointed that they didn’t get a version in glorious hi def on their consoles. Hey, Christmas comes early… September 9, actually.

Plus you get at least two bonus tables: Medieval Madness and The Tales of the Arabian Nights. Not sure if those are the only new tables or not. Oddly, both are modern era machines that blur the “classic 80’s” focus of the collection.

Ah, who cares? Nice additions, both of them. It will be interesting to see whether the extreme 3D nature of MM translates to a video version, but MM is a highly coveted machine. Hi def should really benefit the detailed Arabian Nights playfield, too.

Sold!

This plus The Beatles: Rock Band is going to make it one hell of a day for releases!

releasing 9-8-2009!

Amazon is selling it for $33, so around $30 w/ ECA discount. Not bad. Now I just need an Epic Pinball fan who agrees that Android is the best Pinball game ever to tell me that this is in the same ballpark.

Nice boards… I definately want to look in to picking this one up.

OMG so awesome! Buying this.

Are they going to have an option like the PSP where you can turn your tv on end to get a vertical pinball machine? LOL

IIRC, Ikaruga had this option. If you have a VGA cable and a monitor that supports pivoting (like any Samsung with an “x” in the name), you can actually do it reasonably easily.

Loved this on the Wii…now we get new tables, leaderboards, achievements, and HD sexiness? Sold, sold, a thousand times sold.

I always liked Williams machines the best. Something about the feel of the flippers.

I pre-ordered from Amazon today, where the ECA discount got it to around $30. Very good price for this many tables, if even half of these tables are excellent.

The price dropped even further today. It’s now $30 for the 360 version even before the ECA discount. So I wonder if the pre-order price guarantee from Amazon will kick in soon, or only after the game ships?

Monster Bash and No Good Gofers seem to be included, too, though the Amazon listings make it unclear if both of the these tables are on PS3 and Xbox360.

And, hey! It looks like the release has been pushed back to September 22! What the hell?

Yep EBGames now says 9/16 as well. Guess it got pushed a week.

Just hoping it actually appears soon. Date keeps slipping & it will probably get lost in the sea of “major” releases. Expect it may be hard to find at the big-box stores.

Diego

Amazon just told me September 25…boooo.

That’s actually good news for me. GameStop and EB didn’t carry the original Williams Hall of Fame new at all, and didn’t have the PS3 and 360 ones listed in their database the last time I checked. So yay for that.

Not anymore. It’s back up to $37.99. Would Amazon have honored the $30 price if I had pre-ordered earlier?

Yes, I’m still locked in at $27 ($30 minus ECA discount).