~The Game Pass Thread~

I’m mostly GP at this point, but I do check the sales every week for anything interesting on steep discount- I almost never buy anything at full price, no matter how cheap. This month is an exception, however. Just today I saw that Lost Planet 2 was on sale for $4, and I do love that game, and thought it might be cool to see how the XSX handles it (auto HDR, framerate, etc) but I kind of felt bad about just buying one $4 thing. So I also threw Subnautica: Below Zero and BioMutant into the cart. SBZ is only $30, and the original is legitimately one of my favorite games ever. BioMutant was the big hope. Fingers crossed.

heh

Regarding that Game Pass article I have seen aspects of that with kids and families. My son plays with friends that have Playstations and Switches too, but for the ones that have an Xbox system and Game Pass there is much more freedom to explore shared experiences.

Prior to Game Pass a lot of families seemed to limit their kids to F2P games which is why Roblox and Fortnite became so huge, but many also purchased Minecraft. If my son wanted to play something else with his friends it was a struggle since parents often didn’t want to keep buying full price games. One kid would excitedly talk to their friends about a game then the whole process of begging parents would start, and talks about allowances and chores, etc. Which is quite fair since parents sometimes don’t quite know the content of the game they are buying, if their kid will play it past 30 minutes, and so on.

For the families that have Game Pass that eliminates all the barriers to trying new games and experiences. Want to check out Garden Warfare, Rain on Your Parade, Halo, or Goat Simulator? Tell your friends, they say they will download it and give a call back when they are ready to play. No hassling parents for money. It’s quite nice.

I know, I know. But I’ve watched a bunch of vids. I think it looks like it’ll be a winner. Frankly, its systems look more polished than CP2077 at this point.

That’s interesting. I wonder if it’ll stop people from doing a full three years to start.

Great news.

Console, PC, and XCloud Day 1.

MS must be spending infinite money to get all these games on gamepass day 1.

Well, much like Outriders, I wasn’t really planning to buy this (at least not day one) but I’ll sure as hell give it a shot.

I think this is a bit more high profile than Outriders, but ya, I’m in the same boat.

It’s really weird just…never buying games any more, and having tons and tons of games to play.

Even if some are like outriders, and flawed… they’re definitely entertaining for a few weeks, at least.

That’s the game with the amazingly awful trailer right?

I’ll play it.

I dunno… here’s some gameplay though:

Jesus… hope you can disable camera shake. And what the hell was with that camera angle when wulfgar started Fighting? I had to stop watching because it made me nauseous.

Anyway, didn’t know this game existed until now. Anyone else think the animations look slow/lethargic?

Super Animal Royale is also coming soon, start of next month.

It’s what you’d expect from the name, but looks like this:

Nice! D&D is one game I was likely to buy full price, so it justifies GPU for the entire year.

I’d forgotten that Psychonauts was an OG Xbox game, and that’s what’s on Xbox Game Pass. Is the PC version the updated one that was released later, and does anyone know if the Xbone improves the Xbox version at all?

It’s Xbox One X enhanced, so it’s playable in 4K.

Nice. Such a great game. I’ll have to install it on my Series X. I don’t suppose the Crimson Skies OG Xbox game was enhanced, was it (it came bundled with my OG Xbox back when I bought it in 2003 or 2004)? If not, they really need to remake that one.

Looks like Crimson Skies was enhanced.

It’s on the list.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/xbox-one/xbox-one-x-enhanced-list

But it doesn’t list either 4K or HDR, so it was enhanced in some other way. Hmmm, Psychonauts is on that list and doesn’t list 4K or HDR either.