~The Game Pass Thread~

It’s a puzzle game where you move Felix on a grid and he has to stay in shadows. You rotate the sun and pick stuff up and put it down to create new shadows. I didn’t care for it… normally I like creative art styles but the character design and dancing moves here just turned me off.

But the beauty of Game Pass is you can easily try it yourself and maybe it’ll click!

Nice features, as I do miss a FPS counter and am too lazy to download FRAPS.

Subnautica and the Outer Worlds coming soon!

That’s for consoles.

Bugger. Did game pass search.

Strange they usually post PC and Console stuff on the same day.

The Outer Worlds at least is already on PC Game Pass. :)

Oh, nice, I just read the glowing EG review of Lonely Mountains Downhill and was debating whether to buy it.

Most of those are coming to the PC as well. Obviously I’m really looking forward to Outer Worlds, but that Lonely Mountains Downhill game sounds really fun as well. Outer Worlds is a game I would have normally bought, but Lonely Mountains is the sort of game I’m glad I get to try because of Game Pass.

Recommended rating at Eurogamer:
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-10-18-lonely-mountains-downhill-review-a-celebration-of-landscape

Sweet, Subnautica on Game Pass! I mean sure, I already got a free copy from Epic but now I can play on my Xbox! Woohoo!

Yeah, that’s very cool. I absolutely love Subnautica on PC so far, but was afraid of the Xbox version because I’ve heard it has performance issues. But then, my PC has performance issues too. So I bet I might actually enjoy that one even more on the big living room TV if the performance level is the same as I’m getting on PC.

I played the one hour initial release for free and it was a slide show - but my understanding is that it’s improved drastically since then.

Disclaimer: I’m friends with the people behind this and got to play LMD ever since it was an early prototype on mobile.

Hadn’t played for a year though because I wanted it to be a bit of a fresh experience when it comes out. Been playing the release version since Monday now and am having a blast so far. They’ve really nailed the controls. Once you’ve slid down a steep mountain side, swerving left and ride to avoid hitting rocks while having the brakes slammed, you’ll know what I’m taking about. As part of the Game Pass it’s a no-brainer anyway.

I signed up for this today solely for the PC games (The Outer Worlds [duh], Void Bastards and maybe Metro Exodus), but I saw that signing up now also got one 6 months of Spotify. Do I get a code eventually via email or what, does anyone know?

You get a email a few days later

44 days of XGPU for $5 spent at Taco Bell via their app!

That last step, I’m not sure if it will work for me… (again so soon).

I just got a free month thanks to Operation Rescue thing going on the Microsoft Rewards thing, and when I did that, they offered me the (extra) free month (which I took, and then turned off recurring billing immediately).

Edit: But still, I haven’t had taco bell in ages. This is a good excuse. I should get over the fact that they always get rid of my favorite menu items. First it was the chicken burritos in the early 90s (which they replaced with chicken burritos that have rice in them), and then the Santa Fe Gorditas and Chalupas. And then the Baja Gorditas and Chalupas.

I was wondering why that Operation rescue thing extended it by 2 months instead of 1 lol.

How did you get a second month from that? Or does everyone get it? I need to check.

When you’re redeeming the code, it gives you the option of getting an extra month if you choose to turn on recurring billing. But I’m sure you can’t do that too often.