Xbox Series X - The next Xbox that's boxy but sexy xXx

Rocket League Xbox Series enhancements being added before Season 2:

Xbox Series X

• Quality : 4K resolution at 60 FPS with HDR
  • Performance : Game runs at 2688×1512 resolution (70% of 4K) at 120 FPS with HDR

Xbox Series S

• Quality : 1080p Resolution at 60 FPS with HDR
  • Performance : Game runs at 1344×756 (70% of 1080p) Resolution at 120 FPS with HDR

Oh man it’s getting harder not to get a 4K 120hz TV now. If they weren’t still $1000 and were closer to $600 I might cave.

This is why Microsoft fucked up this generation. The name. It’s like the Wii U, which people just thought was another Wii and not a new console.

https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Wireless-Controllers-Previous-1-Month/dp/B08L9RC8GR

Currently the #1 best seller on Amazon. Some 3rd party retailer selling bundles of the shitty old Xbox One S, and people buying it thinking it’s the new Xbox Series S.

I swear, Microsoft makes so many stupid decisions. Anyone who is forced to use Teams instead of Zoom and Slack knows this.

Always remember that this was an internally-made MS video to try to drill home their issues

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtEsSdP6sR8

The Pee Wee Herman music really drives it home because that’s what I picture playing in Phil Spencer’s head when he has these naming conventions forced on him by some corporate branding idiots.

This all stems from the fact that MS didn’t always want to be a version “behind” Sony. (PS3 vs Xbox 2, PS4 vs Xbox 3, etc.).

This is kind of cute.

https://youtu.be/nIACub_0bxI

Bonus points for the iconic XP wallpaper.

I think the guy in the beginning must be a wizard since he’s playing a game that’s been delayed.

That just makes me sad dggies can’t play videogames.

Maybe these people should unplug for a bit and play with their dog.

That was my main thought too. Instead, it’s like the ending of Grease, where even the dog wants to plug in.

Do dogs dream of electric dogs?

That was cute, but my better half teared up at the beginning part. :-(

I liked the dog bringing back the grenade though.

Another Xbox Series X commercial sabotaged by the fact that its flagship launch title ummmm… didn’t launch.

You’re thinking that’s Master Chief from Halo Infinite, but it’s not, it’s Master Chief from the Master Chief Collection.

Played a bunch of 120 fps games: Star Wars Squadrons; Gears 5; Halo Reach in the MCC. I’m accustomed to 60fps on a high-end PC and generally only play single player (other than some Gears 5) so I didn’t expect 120fps to be very meaningful, but it really is: action is so fluid and smoothly animated. Genuinely surprising. Might get me to replay through the entire enhanced Halo series (never played Reach or ODST so at least those are likely).

I know Gears 5 only has multiplayer in 120fps, and I had assumed Master Chief Collection to be the same. So I’m surprised to hear the campaign has 120fps too. Nice! It really makes me wish I had a monitor or TV that could do 120Hz.

That’s cool to hear, my TV doesn’t do 120 Hz either but I like hearing about how games work out at that speed.

it’s a big deal for me. 60fps is decent but I definitely notice a big difference up to around 90 FPS or so. After that some pretty strong diminishing returns kick in where I can’t really tell much of a difference. I really need to try out Squadrons on the Xbox.