Xbox Series X - The next Xbox that's boxy but sexy xXx

Now run halo in xcloud for cloudception.

If you can do remote play via browser, then you could use the browser to connect to your own xbox and play a game.

Now plug your Xbox Series X into a Sony TV, play Google Stadia, and then watch the universe divide by zreo.

PS Now requires an app right? If it was just browser based would be funny to play PS games on the Edge browser on a Series X.

Iā€™ve got this part down. Also have an Apple TV and a Nintendo on the same system.

Isnā€™t there already a Discord app on Xbox?

Not an official one (Quarrel).

I knew this would happen. The Spring Sale hits and I begin rebuilding the library I had on my Sony consoles instead of going for new stuff. Return to Arkham collection for 6 bucks; Bioshock collection for 10. Witcher 3 GOTY for 10. Oh wellā€¦

As a newer Xbox user, I just got floored by something. I also purchased Fallout 3 for 8 bucks, thinking it was the GOTY edition. It wasnā€™t and I initiated a return. 5 minutes later, the refund was approved. No runaround. No Sony bullshit of, ā€œOK, weā€™ll do this once. Donā€™t let it happen again.ā€ I rarely need to make a return but itā€™s nice to be able to make a mistake and get a refund without a hassle.

Noticed while playing Outriders on Series Xā€¦ it is so smooth and no hiccups. It runs BETTER than my ā€˜beefyā€™ gaming pc with a 2080 ti. Also the convenience of doing a race in Dirt 5ā€¦ then doing a loot run in Outridersā€¦ pause, open up Disney watch Falcon and then open Edge browser to watch nice hd copy of Godzilla (lol Putlocker)ā€¦ i think ill get hbo max on my xbox.

Its like i forgot my pc for awhile. OMG, im an xbot! Thing runs smooth and quietā€¦ kinda cool!

Iā€™m most impressed by the industrial design on the XSX. This thing uses a ton of juice but remains cool and quiet 100% of the time. Microsoft came a long way since the 360.

It is the Volvo of game consoles.

Well put, itā€™s not exciting, there arenā€™t any must-have games, but itā€™s impeccably engineered.

ā€¦guess what i played Outriders on my phoneā€¦ thru gamepass betaā€¦ so futuristic. CAN A VOLVO DO THAT!!!

As Iā€™ve said, Sony designed a gaming PC in a funky case.

MS designed a heat sink thatā€™s a gaming PC.

It really is impressive. I wish gaming PCs could benefit from similarly efficient and effective design, but that would require too much vertical integration including the GPU. Dell, Lenovo, or Apple could do it easily enough, but youā€™d lose out on modularity.

Seriously, it really is impressive that the XBox is a gaming PC that makes literally zero noise, ever.

This is true one one hand, but on the other, I feel like XGPU is kind of a must have game.

I say that just because itā€™s let me game constantly for months now, and the frequency with which they add new games that I want to play, I donā€™t see that ending any time soon.

I dunno, thereā€™s just something about it which is very awesome. I would not have expected to be as into a subscription based game service as I am, and Iā€™m glad that they had the stupid cheap deal that got me to buy into it.

Ordered the new MS headset. Itā€™s actually in stock for the moment at Dell and Best Buy.

Planning on using it for my PC. While it does support bluetooth, it sounds like the Xbox Wireless Adapter is better.

Amazon has all sorts of cheap wireless adapter clones that have mediocre reviews, as well as the Microsoft one. But the MS listing seems plagued with fakes and is $40.

Checked the actual Microsoft Store. Oh, there it is for $25 and free shipping. Click and bought!

Thanks for mentioning this, Iā€™ve been trying to get one for a while. Was just able to snag one.

Iā€™ve had the Xbox headset since it launched - itā€™s nice. Earcups are super-soft, audio quality is good once you play around with the EQ and turn down the overbearing default bass response, and the dials on either side are really nice for making easy changes to volume/mix - and since the dials are so huge, itā€™s easy to make fine adjustments too, because 1mm isnā€™t like a 30% swing.

Thanks for the heads-up.