Xbox Series X - The next Xbox that's boxy but sexy xXx

It still looks in stock to me. I’m gonna guess you’re good.

Still fine with my bundle, though.

It’s like the vaccine a year ago, at first it was impossible to get, then it was just super difficult, then all of a sudden… the floodgates open and anyone can get it at their local K-mart.

There are only 4 K-Marts left in the United States, sooooooooo

Huh. Who knew? I live in NYC, I don’t shop at any national stores other than Amazon. I’m Bezos’ bitch.

I literally got my first vaccine in 2019 2020 (I meet some definition of “health care worker” so I was in the first group) in a former K-Mart!

Pour one out for the super-K!

There were COVID immunization vaccines in 2019, before most of the world even knew about the disease? You sure you aren’t at least a year off there? Was it experimental or something?

He got vaccinated for HPV, obvs.

Whoops, 2020! Still a blur.

Yeah, I was scratching my head there for a sec.

Hence the HPV shot.

Oh, got the posters mixed up, nevermind.

Looks like there are some new Xbox owners in the thread, so I’d like to do my public service of suggesting that you sign up for Microsoft Rewards, if you have not done so. You can earn points from doing random things like searching with Bing, playing Game Pass games, doing quizzes. In my opinion, the points really add up over time and you can use them to cash in for stuff like games and Game Pass or Xbox Live subscription - I pretty much don’t pay for GP Ultimate, stocked up 3 years worth. Some people don’t like keeping up with points or the daily/weekly steps you can take to earn them, but that’s your call.

You are, of course, selling your online activity in exchange for those paltry pennies. But that’s your choice.

If you only get points from activities on the Xbox that’s less concerning, but I feel like it would take a Very Long Time to earn enough points for 1 month of GP.

You do not only get points from activities on Xbox (you can get points from phone apps and pc searches), and it does not take long at all to earn enough points for GP. Without half trying, I earn enough to keep my subscription topped off at 3 years.

Right, but if you do the phone and browser stuff then you’re selling your online activity. That was my point. MS knows everything I do on a closed device like an Xbox anyway, so there’s little concern there.

Sure, they will totally see whatever random shit you decide to search on Bing for your points. If that’s a problem then don’t do it, I guess. This is just another option.

If you are living in a world where you think your search activity is private than I’ve got news for you. Why do you care if MS news you searches vs. Google?

Also, yes, you can earn enough points in a month to pay for Gamepass if you spend about 5-10 minutes/day doing the activities and also do some of the daily/weekly gamepass quests.

And you’re accepting a tracking cookie so they can basically see everything you do online, and it’s tied to your Microsoft account so it isn’t anonymized at all. That’s what you’re selling. If you’re OK with that then great, you do you. I’m certainly not.

My point about not paying for GP was limited to getting points on Xbox only, which I would be comfortable doing.

So noted. Thanks for the info.