Xbox Series X - The next Xbox that's boxy but sexy xXx

My bad.

there is a ā€˜newā€™ re-engineered Elite Series 2 controller available in both the original and ā€˜lightā€™ (they call it core). The marketing talk makes it clear they know of the problems the gamepad had and the term re-engineered and the number of times they mention durable makes me hopeful. Then again, Iā€™m on my 7th replacement in about 12 months so whatevs. ;)

Where are you seeing that? Because when the series 2 came out, they called it ā€œre-engineeredā€ then.

Hey guys, you know what time it is - thatā€™s right, time to find out what Games with Gold will bring us next month! And here we ā€“ hey wait a minute ā€¦

Wow.

That answers that question.

Yeah, that sucks.

Iā€™ve let my GP Ultimate expire and no longer have Gold either. Games with Gold sucks and I either own or have already played everything on GP that interests me. I will sub again next year if Starfield comes out.

Nice, two $2 games ā€¦

I liked the 360 games being tied to the account instead of the sub. Always felt like I was getting something, even if I didnā€™t want it.

Yeah, same here on the 360 games. The Games with Gold part is basically worthless now.

On the other hand, thatā€™s not the reason why I have an Ultimate GP membership, so I guess thatā€™s fine? The rest of the membership certainly makes up for it. If I was only a Gold member for some bizarre reason, Iā€™d be pissed though.

Hereā€™s something you donā€™t hear every day- a game releasing early! Granted, itā€™s been delayed several times, butā€¦

Scorn, the trippy H.R. Giger- inspired FPS (first person, uh, something) will release on Oct 14 instead of Oct 21. And yeah, on GP day-1.

Regarding this monthā€™s GWG, Iā€™ve thought about buying Windbound on sale once or twice. I hear it had a somewhat mediocre launch, but the devs patched it up a bit. I guess Iā€™ll check it out now.

After a long internal debate I decided to get an XBox X for my Birthday. Gamepass was the thing tilting it. I already have it for PC and not having to spend extra money for games is just too good. Since I never had an Xbox before I havenā€™t played any of the exclusive series like Gears or Halo. I tried some Halo on PC but I just feel bad shooting the little funny creatures. What would people say are good entry points to Xbox exclusives? Big plus if I can stop playing at any time.

Any"must have" peripherals? Considering an Elite 2 controller right of the bat for example. Dust covers seem popular, is that useful?

For what, the console? That seems super weird. Donā€™t do that.

I thought it weird too but all my German aqaintances seem to have something lik this https://amzn.eu/d/giInPCR

Happy birthday! Xbox gamepass will serve you well, just play whatever looks interesting - thats what so damn neat about it. You can sample all sorts and find stuff you didnā€™t know you liked, and drop shit you realise is not your thing without the sunk cost fallacy fooling you to play more than you want. Not that many exclusives that grabbed me, Forza was neat.

The only ones I use are a battery+charger for the controllers, and the xbox-brand headset. Itā€™s not super great, but it is okay for the price.

Some good starter games:

• Crackdown 3
  • Forza Horizon 5 (or 4, if youā€™d play both)
  • Halo Wars (controller RTS!)
  • Killer Instinct (turn off auto HDR if it looks weird)
  • Ori and the Blind Forest
  • State of Decay 2

Hey, I thought I was the only person who liked that game! But totally, try this one out. The driving is pretty terrible but why drive when you can leap yā€™all buildings in a single bound? Iā€™d add Sunset Overdrive to the list to play, and possibly Quantum Break, assuming you didnā€™t play it on PC. And yeah, totally need some rechargeable batteries. I use eneloops, myself.

Good point. Got rechargable batteries around and plan to primarily use the elite 2 anyway.

Functionality question: Do games share saves between PC and Xbox? Wondering if I could start a game on PC now and continue on the XBox when I have it.

One of the tags youā€™ll see on the PC Game Pass app is ā€œXbox Play Anywhereā€. If itā€™s a Play Anywhere game, then yes, you automatically share saves between PC and Xbox. If itā€™s NOT a Play Anywhere game, then each game has its own saves, no sharing saves.

Awesome, thanks.

Not on Game Pass, but there is also Cyberpunk 2077, which lets you continue an Xbox-started game on PC, but not vice-versa.

EDIT: Stupid freaking autocorrect wrote ā€œletā€™sā€ as in ā€œlet usā€ when I meant lets, the third person singular of let.