Xbox Series X - The next Xbox that's boxy but sexy xXx

This is interesting - People Can Fly have apparently contracted to develop an Xbox game. Not the first time that’s happened, you may recall they developed Gears of War: Judgment. Wonder if it will end up being another Gears game.

Outriders was a weird game… it had potential, but I kind of recall it was kind of a mess.

It was pretty well reviewed, as I recall, both the game itself and its gamer-friendly monetization. For whatever reason it never grabbed people. I know I personally played the first 15 minutes then shrugged and walked away.

I think I got it right…

I remember it. My brother, sister and I played it to the end of the story co-op. It wasn’t perfect, but I think it was good enough to be interested in whatever they’re making next.

Heads up to anyone that still plays Forza Horizon 1 or 2, they will no longer offer online services after August 22.

Forza Support on Twitter: “Online services for Forza Horizon 1 and Forza Horizon 2 will close on August 22, 2023 so that we can focus on supporting our most recent games. We know our community has fond memories of these games, and we thank you for your incredible support of them. https://t.co/cze7E4soiu” / Twitter

Rush was my first “favorite band” (started with Roll the Bones) and I still love them to bits, and I never thought anyone would say it, let alone “easily their best”. 0_o

Thanks! Time to try to finish up those ridiculous achievements in 2.

Great games. A little sad to see them closing, but I’d be surprised if anyone plays them anymore. Don’t forget to browse the great player-made designs before they go poof.

Darkwood and When the Past Was Around are your Games with Gold for July - $23.48 value, can’t argue with that kind of deal. But Darkwood is pretty good, I think I played it on Steam ages ago - don’t think I’ve ever heard of the other one.

Not sure if everyone shares my interest in these things, but I always look forward to these demo fests. Seems like there’s always some cool stuff worth trying out - keep your eyes open.

I usually keep an eye on them, too. There have been some fun things in the past. That said on the list they put in the article, Lies of P demo has already been available for a few weeks, and the full Wandering Village game comes out on GP a week and a half later.

Is that supposed to say July 11?

Edit: yeah, that’s what the title says… The body says June.

For those interested in the demo thing that starts tomorrow, I just found this full(?) list.

Woah, as a fan of Marble Blast Ultra on XBLA all those years ago, this caught my eye:

Marble It Up! Ultra - Demo

Roll, bounce, boost, and blast your way to victory in Marble It Up! Ultra - the ultimate marble platformer. Chase the records of your friends and the world’s best players through a vast campaign - or face them head-on in thrilling multiplayer mayhem. Get ready to roll!

The demofest thing is live. I downloaded an played a few.

Rain World. Play as an adorable slugcat, etc, etc. It seems neat, plays well.

Worldless- a neat 2d Metroid-like with a neat visual style. There seems to be no combat between bosses, and each boss is a neat duel sort of thing where you trade/block each other’s blows in turn. I liked it. I actually thought it was called ‘Wordless’, though, and that seems just as apt, if not more.

Black Skylands. I grabbed this one on a lark, not expecting to like it much. It’s 2d, top-down, pixel-art, anime-styled thing, all of which aren’t really my thing. But it really isn’t very anime styled, more western cartoon, really. And the pixel are is really nice, and a actually pretty detailed. The control scheme is unique- kind of like a twin-stick shooter, but not quite. But it seems like a really neat game- a full, open world RPG, where you fly around in a skyship, fighting air pirates, upgrading systems and weapons, fulfilling missions and whatnot. If I had any complaints it would be that the (on-foot) combat seems to be just kite enemies around and blast them, a little simplistic. That might just be the early-game enemies, though. The airship combat is pretty cool, though, turrets and broadsides, etc. I really, really dug this one.

Anyone remember marble madness in arcades, way back in the day?

Had one of those giant ball controllers that you’d spin, and sometimes give yourself horrific blood blisters.

IIRC Marble Madness was the first arcade game to use a Motorola 68000 processor. Never played in the arcade, but I spent hours with EA’s ports on the ST and Amiga.

My Series X has taken to rebooting itself about every 15 minutes. Static buzz, quick freeze, reboot. Hard restart did nothing. Shit.

Might be worth doing some canned air cleaning of the fan from the top.

I suspect the power supply is going. Mine did the same thing. If you have the MS Complete care package or if it’s still under warranty, you can get it fixed easily. If not, it’s a $300 repair job. Yeah. I still haven’t gotten mine fixed.