Xbox Series X - The next Xbox that's boxy but sexy xXx

I think those were more obviously different. If the software is separate, I predict a lot of parents coming home with games for the wrong system.

Oh, well thatā€™s good to know!

I like the look of it.

I hate the name though.

This this this. I just realized Iā€™m not a PC vs. console gamer, Iā€™m a horizontal vs vertical gamer. WTF? How am I gonna fit this in my entertainment center? Dealbreaker. They better come out with a ā€œslimā€ one.

Canā€™t you put it beside the entertainment center? Thatā€™s what I did with the PS4, which is also quite tall. I put the VCR-looking Xbox One in the entertainment center, and the tall PS4 beside the entertainment center.

So, will the Xbox One X die right away? Or will MS support it for another few years after this is released?

What do you mean by ā€œdieā€ and ā€œsupportā€? Itā€™s not like your console will stop working the day the new one ships or for years afterwards. But Microsoft canā€™t force devs to continue to make games for the previous generation and theyā€™re going to want their own studios to move to the next gen ASAP.

But I assume that, like the last several transitions, studios will make Xbox One versions of their major franchises for at least two years. After all, the next gen starts at zero installed base so your sales prospects are best on the last gen.

I measured my entertainment consoleā€¦ it will fit horizontally, easily. Honestly if this is what it takes for MS to make a heat-efficient, quiet next-gen console, Iā€™m fine with the boxy design. (I mostly dislike the cheap plastic eject button.)

Still leaning towards PS5 though.

Xbone followed by Xbox SeX

MSā€¦

Iā€™ll wait for the Switch tablet version.

You know most people put the PS4 on its side in which case itā€™s shorter than the Xbox.

The Series X can be put on its side too but then itā€™s still the height of two xboxes stackedā€¦

Also most people donā€™t want to put stuff next to the entertainment center they want to put things in it.

As someone noted on The Verge, the design makes you wonder if theyā€™re borrowing the same ideas as the Trashcan Mac Pro. The Trashcan was a great design in terms of thermals, but it sucked because it had no modularity at all. But lack-of-modularity isnā€™t an issue for consoles.

I still canā€™t get over how bad the name is. Itā€™s worse than Wii-U in terms of brand confusion. Seriously, you follow Xbox One X with Xbox Series X?

Never forget

Maybe Series is like a variable name and the real name on release will be Xbox Two X.

How ā€œtallā€ is it? On its side. I guess I mean wide?

Looks about as ā€œwideā€ as that controller.

They said itā€™s 12" x 6", so six inches tall/wide. Maybe twice as tall as an Xbone when on its side.

Ah yes, the XTwox.