Xplay getting revamped?

The fact that G4 is cancelling relatively cheap shows to create (how expensive can Filter be?) and replacing them with reruns of 15 year old shows is not a good sign for the network.

By December 2006 I wonder if G4 will be producing any original content.

I can just imagine a bunch of ex-gen-Xer g4 execs sitting around a conference room table on folding chairs drinking fantas saying things like “We gave it our best shot” and “The suits demand profits by 2007” and shaking their heads “signing a deal with the devil” to pick up Star Trek reruns that will (obviously) get better ratings than their “cutting edge programming” for the “nintendo generation” that just isn’t ready for “the future”. They don’t see it as “catering to the lowest common denominator”, they are on the “leading edge of entertainment revolution”. Their grand idea of a “gaming network for the new millenium” failed because “america isn’t korea”, not because their shows sucked rocks.

After the cable bill I got in the mail today, I almost wish they cancel Xplay and Judgement day because they are the only two shows I can’t get on direct tv.

I get them on directv. Is there a reason why you can’t?

They’re canceling g4tv and filter? Ouch, so the only show from tech tv that’s left is X-play. I’m wondering at what point will they try to air episodes of striperella,and/or cheesy cartoons based on video games?

cheesy cartoons based on video games?

I want re-runs of the Link cartoon

errr well the last time I looked they weren’t then. Guess its been awhile.

DirecTV channel 354.

A LONG while then. Like 5 years or so?

Anyway, I don’t watch XPlay anymore because the skits/etc. have taken front stage over the reviews. I really appreciated the old shows because I felt like they were just talking about games, giving me the facts, showing me movies that I couldn’t see as simple screens in a mag, etc.

I think some of the skits are funny, btw, so that isn’t my problem. But the show no longer does what I want it to do, which is inform me about games.