Yay...new car today!

Just got a new car today (Subaru Legacy Outback) and I’m pretty psyched:)

You could’ve twittered this to people who don’t care instead of posting it in a forum of people who don’t care.

Congratulations!

I care… because I dare. Now let’s see some mellow wizards painted on the side of that Legacy.

I Care Because You Do.

My aren’t we in a friendly mood today. Last time I checked people who don’t care about a thread are under no obligation to actually read it.

How bout some stoned wizards instead?

Wow, a Subaru owner in Vermont. You don’t see that very often.

Yeah, I’ve decided to go against the grain on this one.

Quoted because Aphex Twin is awesome.

Note that part of proper Subaru decorum (apart from the Legacy WRC) is to be very casual about it. You’re projecting the image of someone knowledgeable about cars and willing to pay for quality, and sufficiently secure about your manhood not to buy a penis extention on four wheels.

It is of course obvious, but just in case: Chromed rims, spoilers and other “bling” is of course out of the question, as is decorating it with naked fairies, or Qt3 logos for that matter.

Respectfully

krise madsen

PS: Oh and congrats on your new car. Good choice.

Grats!

I just don’t get the Subaru love. I’d rather have the Volvo V50.

Maybe so, but I saw a Subaru ricer last night. Ridiculous spoiler that looked more like a handle for a giant to conveniently carry the car by, and from the sound of the exhaust, they managed to wedge a V8 into the damn thing.

Welcome to the club!
Enjoy your Scooby. My 2002 WRX has lasted me 137k with no major repairs…except when I sheared one of the front wheels off 4 wheeling with it. that doesn’t really count tho.

Yeah, I heart my S40, which is the sedan version of the V50. I’ve had a Subaru and it doesn’t compare to the Volvo. Of course, it’s also like $10K less than the Volvo, too.

Edmunds says the Volvo is less than $1,000 more after you deal.

Subarus are boring, a little too expensive for how much car you get, and very, very well made.

Respectfully

krise madsen

I had a good chuckle about this because I always forget the concern about not projecting the wrong image with a car. It’s odd because I don’t consider myself a “car guy” even though I’m around mechanics, autocrossers, and open track enthusiasts all the time. General car chatter just doesn’t seem to come up.

The one parameter often ignored is the guy (well, it’s mostly guys who worry about such things) behind the wheel. If Jeremy Clarkson bought an Alfa Romero he’d be a petrolhead with an exiting, somewhat temperatmental, Italian car. If Brad Pitt bought a twenty year old banged up Yugo he’d be super-cool. And if I bought a Ferrari I’d still be a usless fat git.

Of course, there are rare exeptions. With an Aston Martin you win by default.

Respectfully

krise madsen