Yo Ho Ho and a Bottle o' Egg Nog

I made it last night; the raw version. I think I whipped the whites too long since mine ended up very close to solid. Still good. I think the vanilla would have improved my end result.

Maybe this explains the “Turkey Hill is watery” comment in the HuffPo list.

Suckers.

December 15th and no Broguiere’s? Still? I’m talking to the manager about this…

Seems that corporate didn’t pay that store’s bills (new store at the time, the paperwork got lost somewhere) and Broguiere’s won’t even take the guy’s phone calls. So I had to drive to the other Ralph’s supermarket in town and there it was! Bottles and bottles of it. And all the Cap’n Morgan is now gone and I have gone back to my favorite black spiced rum,

Release the Kraken!

Made Eggnog for our holiday part again this year, as is my wont. It seemed a lot easier this year than in previous years, maybe I’m getting better at it.

I used Canadian Club for the booze this year, on account of being out of bourbon and not having an open mixing rum. It did the job.

For non-homemade egg nog, Hood’s Golden Eggnog is just about exactly what I want store bought eggnog to taste like.

I have seen a couple of people claim that Southern Comfort Nog is simply repackaged Hood’s. Haven’t had Hood’s - Southern Comfort seemed thin and watery to me, but then most everything does after Broguiere’s.

Haven’t had any Bourbon in a long while. Should be good in Nog.

Based on your recommendation I picked up some Kraken to go with my nog over my mother in laws visit, err I mean the holiday. Man, just a little mixed in with my favorite Turkey Hill nog was wonderful! Looking forward to more over the course of the week.

I made the Alton Brown raw recipe again this year, with the full amount of double cream (with added vanilla extract again). Very tasty, but still not as thick as the nog my mum makes. I’ll have to find out what she does differently.